Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Best Online Professional Photo Lab for Exhibition Prints?

tywanda46 9 15 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 1:15AM
Hi,
Please could someone advise me. I am holding my first exhibition and do not have a printer, so am looking for a good online pro lab to print my images.
I have read about Giclee and Fuji Crystal Archive DPII Pro prints and wondered if there was much difference in quality. I would prefer to use the latter as they cost less and am trying to keep the cost down as I am going to donate any profits made to charity.
I will be framing A5, A4, A3 and A2 sized prints.
Many thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 8:24AM
I always thought Giclee was a fancy term for inkjet.
I have had prints done on Fuji Crystal Archive and have been very impressed - I had it done by DS Colour Labs and was very pleased with price, quality and delivery.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 9:38AM
spot on Mike

Quote:The word giclée was created by Jack Duganne, a printmaker working at Nash Editions. He wanted a name for the new type of prints they were producing on the IRIS printer, a large-format, high-resolution industrial prepress proofing inkjet printer they had adapted for fine-art printing. He was specifically looking for a word that would not have the negative connotations of "inkjet" or "computer generated". It is based on the French word gicleur, which means "nozzle" (the verb form gicler means "to squirt, spurt, or spray").[3]
akh e2
10 1.1k 5 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 10:35AM
I have had good results from these people.
Tony
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 10:52AM
I've always been impressed with DS Colourlabs and Loxley
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 11:30AM
Whitewall are a top printing company in the UK and offer professional as well as amateurs all your printing needs. They are also very competitive on prices.
Stephen
tywanda46 9 15 1 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 11:55AM
Hi Everyone,
|Thank you so much for your suggestions, it has been very helpful. I am going to send off a sample print from each lab and decide from there.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.