Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best Online Professional Photo Lab for Exhibition Prints?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tywanda46
    tywanda46  9 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 1:15 AM

Hi,
    Please could someone advise me. I am holding my first exhibition and do not have a printer, so am looking for a good online pro lab to print my images.
    I have read about Giclee and Fuji Crystal Archive DPII Pro prints and wondered if there was much difference in quality. I would prefer to use the latter as they cost less and am trying to keep the cost down as I am going to donate any profits made to charity.
    I will be framing A5, A4, A3 and A2 sized prints.
    Many thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Jan 2013 - 1:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56690 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 8:24 AM

I always thought Giclee was a fancy term for inkjet.
    I have had prints done on Fuji Crystal Archive and have been very impressed - I had it done by DS Colour Labs and was very pleased with price, quality and delivery.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 9:38 AM

spot on Mike

Quote: The word giclée was created by Jack Duganne, a printmaker working at Nash Editions. He wanted a name for the new type of prints they were producing on the IRIS printer, a large-format, high-resolution industrial prepress proofing inkjet printer they had adapted for fine-art printing. He was specifically looking for a word that would not have the negative connotations of "inkjet" or "computer generated". It is based on the French word gicleur, which means "nozzle" (the verb form gicler means "to squirt, spurt, or spray").[3]

akh
    akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 10:35 AM

I have had good results from these people.
    Tony

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72330 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 10:52 AM

I've always been impressed with DS Colourlabs and Loxley

puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jan 2013 - 11:30 AM

Whitewall are a top printing company in the UK and offer professional as well as amateurs all your printing needs. They are also very competitive on prices.
    Stephen

tywanda46
    tywanda46  9 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hi Everyone,
    |Thank you so much for your suggestions, it has been very helpful. I am going to send off a sample print from each lab and decide from there.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.