Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best place to get prints

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
17 Nov 2011 - 8:29 AM

I need some prints which will potentially be used as evidence in the Small Claims Court, ~A4 size. I have considered buying a photo printer, but my previous experience with an Epson is that they clog if not used often, and they are a pain to set up and calibrate. So, where is the best shop to get prints? I assume I produce JPGS at about 200DPI for an A4 print. I recall trying Jessops many years ago and the machine coud not cope with the file sizes I had.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Nov 2011 - 8:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

FlashBangPicture

DSCL

quality prints. A4 should be no problem for any lab anyway

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2011 - 9:19 AM

Yep, DSCL and also photobox

richardCJ
richardCJ  327 forum posts Scotland
17 Nov 2011 - 10:05 AM

When i need to get extra large prints i use "The Mail Box" and as far as i know they have branches up and down the country.
They can deal with all sizes and types of printing, plus posting.
It's a great shop for these needsWink

guidoa
guidoa  121331 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 - 10:11 AM

I bet exactly the same question will be asked next week

User_Removed
17 Nov 2011 - 11:08 AM

..and the week after that. Ad Nauseum... Grin

Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
17 Nov 2011 - 6:22 PM

Thank you to the first three people.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 - 6:34 PM

Quote: I bet exactly the same question will be asked next week

Quote: ..and the week after that. Ad Nauseum...

Your doing a very good job of putting people off this site. I was hoping that this site would adopt the practices of many american based computer forums where the more experienced user hates new people comming into to their hobby and condemn & make fun of every question newbees ask.

User_Removed
17 Nov 2011 - 6:44 PM

With 6 years Leif's hardly a "newbie", the Search Forum box isn't just there for decoration - it's to stop repeats. Some people can't be bothered to keep repeating themselves so older threads often have more comprehensive answers.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64426 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2011 - 7:34 PM

I've used the search box before and not found what I was looking for. I don't mind how many times the same question gets asked (within reason). There are always new people that will benefit from the info, which quite often will have been updated since the last enquiry.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2011 - 7:39 PM

I have to say the same thing, the last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.

User_Removed
17 Nov 2011 - 8:45 PM

Quote: last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now

Absolutely agree with that. I always end up having to sort them by date with newest first. I've asked before if that can be the default but they've never changed it.

Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
18 Nov 2011 - 7:56 AM

The search finds questions along the lines of "where can I get a wedding album" or "where can I get large prints". I don't need them to be true photo quality, but I do need them to be clear for court use. Longevity will not be an issue. I hope! Hence the reason I asked the question. And shops do change, with some introducing new equipment and/or pricing. I really am looking for a high street shop so I can see the quality is good enough. I guess I will wander round Guildford and see what is available.

It is very very easy for someone to post a put down without thinking.

Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
18 Nov 2011 - 7:57 AM

Quote: I have to say the same thing, the last few times I've used the search facility it seems to put up topics from years ago that are probably not relevant now.

On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.

Whoever you use, send it recorded. I have lost a number of non recorded letters and parcels, but I have never lost a recorded letter.

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8497 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
18 Nov 2011 - 8:11 AM

Quote: On another note, does anyone know where I can get good prints made of my husbands botanical drawings? I'm looking for a company that I can send the original to and who do the whole process from start to finish.

Hi Sarah, might be worth you having a word with Chris at Prophoto Solutions, they do fine art reproductions and printing. I'm collecting my first print & canvas order from him today so will let you know how they turn out. He's in Brixworth Northants so reasonably local for you.

Martin

Last Modified By Martin54 at 18 Nov 2011 - 8:20 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.