Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best places to buy?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2012 - 5:57 PM

Len,

I thought all Jessops shops were third rate Wink

John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Nov 2012 - 5:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62450 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
4 Nov 2012 - 9:25 AM

Quote: Len,

I thought all Jessops shops were third rate Wink

John

I know what you mean - over the last 15 years I have not found one with first class knowledgeable staff for the needs of many forum members.
20 years ago Jessops had good knowledgeable photographic staff.
I was trying to make a different point.
In probably 75% of the UK (by area) - there is no decent reasonably stocked photographic shop with DSLR's - leaving Jessops or nothing.
For the OP in the NE wanting to choose a DSLR (population in the conurbation over 1,500,000), apart from Jessops I cannot suggest a shop within 100 miles.
Off the direct topic to handle decent equipment based in the Yorkshire Dales I travel to Dale in Leeds every 3 months (round trip 120 miles), Calumet Manchester ever 6 months (part by train round trip 180 miles), Wilkinson's annual Digital Splash (round trip 180 miles) and the annual Focus within an overnight stop (round trip 400 miles).

Photoluv86
10 Nov 2012 - 4:38 AM

Amazon is a great place to look at and possibly purchase cameras, but I know their prices aren't always the greatest. I know that Tiger Direct and Newegg, sell cameras as well, but I don't know if international buyers can purchase from their website, and if they ship internationally. It still might be worth having a look at their websites.

KNS
KNS  5106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2012 - 12:50 PM

London camera exchange, tend to be conversant and knowledgeable staff...Jessops, I would personally try to avoid....

thewilliam
21 Nov 2012 - 2:56 PM

I've always had sound advice and good service from LCE.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.