Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Best places to buy?

Eastlands e2
3 659 3 Northern Ireland
3 Nov 2012 5:57PM
Len,

I thought all Jessops shops were third rate Wink

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

4 Nov 2012 9:25AM

Quote:Len,

I thought all Jessops shops were third rate Wink

John

I know what you mean - over the last 15 years I have not found one with first class knowledgeable staff for the needs of many forum members.
20 years ago Jessops had good knowledgeable photographic staff.
I was trying to make a different point.
In probably 75% of the UK (by area) - there is no decent reasonably stocked photographic shop with DSLR's - leaving Jessops or nothing.
For the OP in the NE wanting to choose a DSLR (population in the conurbation over 1,500,000), apart from Jessops I cannot suggest a shop within 100 miles.
Off the direct topic to handle decent equipment based in the Yorkshire Dales I travel to Dale in Leeds every 3 months (round trip 120 miles), Calumet Manchester ever 6 months (part by train round trip 180 miles), Wilkinson's annual Digital Splash (round trip 180 miles) and the annual Focus within an overnight stop (round trip 400 miles).
Photoluv86 2 20 United States
10 Nov 2012 4:38AM
Amazon is a great place to look at and possibly purchase cameras, but I know their prices aren't always the greatest. I know that Tiger Direct and Newegg, sell cameras as well, but I don't know if international buyers can purchase from their website, and if they ship internationally. It still might be worth having a look at their websites.
KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 12:50PM
London camera exchange, tend to be conversant and knowledgeable staff...Jessops, I would personally try to avoid....
thewilliam 6 4.7k
21 Nov 2012 2:56PM
I've always had sound advice and good service from LCE.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.