Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Best price polariser - UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
mdpontin
mdpontin  96016 forum posts Scotland
9 Oct 2012 - 9:54 AM

Thanks Bill. I suppose I was aware of the rotation problem when used in a square filter system with ND grads, but I hadn't really thought about it. And yes, the Lee option is fairly pricey.

Since I'm going away in a couple of days, I think I'll just have to get what I can as a stop-gap solution, so it will be something inexpensive. After that, I should have more time to consider the best solution for me. I'll also take a look at Heliopan too - I don't think I've looked at any of their products yet.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Oct 2012 - 9:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff e2 Member 7191 forum postsBillyGoatGruff vcard England199 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2012 - 10:29 AM

You may also want to look into the Cokin Z-Pro holder as a cheaper short term solution. Darwin Wiggett uses this in conjunction with a round polariser that has a serated edge which allows rotation independent from the holder and other filters. His polariser is by Singh Ray, so very expensive anf probably only available in th US. Cokin may make something similar.
The Cokin holder will allow Lee grads, but the Lee holder may not accept a slot-round polariser as the slots are quite narrow.
HTH

Bill

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.