Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Best way to display portfolio on Google Nexus 7

Imagecrafter 3 2 1 Scotland
1 Mar 2013 1:49PM
I've just invested in a Google Nexus 7 as a means of a pocket portfolio, and I was wondering if anybody had any tips on the best app to use. I want the images to fill the screen, but I would also like to be able to show before and afters to demonstrate retouching. Has anyone out there got experience of this? Glad of any tips and hints!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

1 Mar 2013 3:29PM
normal gallery might do it - if you have a series of files and directories
wing 10 453 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2013 9:56PM
You could always buy a 'Micro USB OTG "on the go" cable' from amazon and install an app available from Google Play Store called 'Nexus Media Importer'.
That would allow you to connect memory sticks or some external hard drives to your Nexus 7 to view and download the content from whatever device you're using, to your tablet. Also allows you to view/install video or music on your tablet, but that is also possible simply by connecting your Nexus to a PC via the supplied cable and using drag and drop.

watch the video here:
searlem e2
7 38 1 England
2 Mar 2013 6:34AM
I don't know if it is available for the Nexus, but I use an app called Padfolios on my iPad, and it seems to work well, allows a number of different albums, all selectable from a home page, scroll through large thumbnails, full screen display, and email images from within he app. As I say not sure if available for Nexus, but may well be something similar.

Mark
Imagecrafter 3 2 1 Scotland
21 Mar 2013 9:16AM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Have purchased an OTG cable so will go and play with that!

Cheers.

Lesley
shanew 5 3 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2013 4:25PM
I upload all photos to google+ / picasa web albums. I pay google ~5 a year for 20Gb space so upload full res images - which means it's one of my backups too.

All those albums then automatically appear in android device gallery. So I see photos on both my android phone (Galaxy Nexus) and Tablet (Nexus 7). I can also access them on my iPad using a 'picasa web albums' app (paid).

If you take your Nexus 7 out to show photos, it may not work as well if you don't have WiFi at that location or don't have an android phone with hotspot to stream the pictures from the web.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.