Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Betta Living Kitchens

simont 10 2.2k 4 England
27 Aug 2014 9:23AM
Morning people of Epz land,

Has anyone had experience, good or bad, of Betta Living Kitchens?

Yes, I've read the current reviews, but just wondered if anyone had recent experiences of them.

Simon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

7 Oct 2014 5:42PM
lets put it this way, i paid for a fully fitted kitchen, originally priced at 18,000 came down to 10,000 they refused to touch my part p certified electrics, demanded cash on top of this figure on installation day and then threatened violence towards my 64 year old farther when he wouldnt pay for unfinished work

the designer put the sink over a dish washer so the kitchen was designed with no sink, i had to move everything myself and buy my own sink, there was no space to put one with a waste pipe so my brand new kitchen still doesnt have a fully working sink

apparently this isnt their fault its the fault of the designer and the fitter of which neither work for them so im not entitled to anything above the cost of the sink. They offered me 300 in order to sign a confidentiality waiver so these are the kind of crooks you would be dealing with.

oh and for the record my unfinishing 10,000 kitchen has cost me 14,000 and rising so far
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
7 Oct 2014 6:57PM
The retailer is responsible for all the work of their sub contractors. Don't be fobbed off with that sob story. It might be worth going to small claims court?
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2014 7:26PM

Quote:apparently this isnt their fault its the fault of the designer and the fitter of which neither work for them

You will find this practice fairly common with all kichen/batroom/bedroom companies as they have a list of contractors who are paid a fraction of the price quoted
Utility companies offering yearly service for heating oporate in the same way.
A contract is given to those that apply with the minimal of crediblity.

The safe way is to find a fitter with experience along with a plumber and electician to do the job.
You would of course need to buy the kitchen.

The package these companies offer is for the total work required all done from the office they rarely leave.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2014 7:30PM

Quote:The retailer is responsible for all the work of their sub contractors. Don't be fobbed off with that sob story. It might be worth going to small claims court?

Trading Standards springs to my mind.
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2014 10:43PM

Quote: Utility companies offering yearly service for heating oporate in the same way

Not all, Having just worked for one for 12 month, contractor's was only doing routine checks, everything was done in house in regards to servicing, Still crap service though.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.