Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Better-Beamer light loss?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Overread
    Overread  63770 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2011 - 12:11 PM

Ok just a simple two questions here; First up with the Better Beamer (flash extender) it has two black sides to the unit itself, but no top and bottom parts and I was wondering, since regular diffusion devices, such as softboxes, are a box shape so that all the light can only leave via the front, rather than some leaking from the sides, would this also be true of the Better Beamer, and would adding top and bottom covers actually result in less light loss and thus a noticeable increase in performance of the unit. Or is it the case that the light saved via this is too small to make much difference at the long ranges that the unit is used for.

Secondly (and much easier) how do you remember which left and right when attaching the arms - I can never remember if its facing the flash or facing away

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Sep 2011 - 12:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

VinceJones
    VinceJones e2 Member 9862 forum postsVinceJones vcard United Kingdom
    25 Sep 2011 - 12:27 PM

The better beamer is purely designed to throw light forward towards the subject, no light is lost at all, if anything flash light is increased, this can be controlled via the flash unit for which it needs to be attached to. No top or bottom parts come with it, it is purely an extension to a flash unit.

Have a play on subjects in low light or dark conditions. Remember that the light thrown forward is very strong when directed into the eyes of birds & animals especially at close distance.

Hope this helps

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.