Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Better Cameras DO Take Better Photographs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
keith selmes
25 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

So far as I recall, Cartier-Bresson trained as a painter, and then tried photography. Using the usual and somewhat clumsy cameras of the time, his work was not particularly good. Then the Leica range became available, and was just what he needed for the instant drawing he wanted to do. At the time it would have been the latest thing in technology, very expensive, with new models, lenses, and accessories coming out one after another. If something like that hadn't become available at that time, I wonder if we'd have heard of C-B ? Same thing with Robert Capa, got his real start when someone loaned him a Leica which he dropped in his pocket, and was able to blag his way into an event and get his photos without being noticed, and the rest is indeed history.

Clearly the camera doesn't choose the picture, nor with that technology does it choose it's own settings, but my impression is that both men really needed that innovative technology for their style of photography. It really was a better camera for them, and enabled them to take better photographs.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.