Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Big Brother's Camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014822 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2013 - 10:36 PM

Subject: "BIG BROTHER"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more you click the closer the view of the faces...

This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 MegaPixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being installed in strategic locations. It can identify a face in a multitude of people. Place the cursor in the mass of people and double-click a couple times (or 'finger-spread' on a device.) Scary sharp....

http://www.gigapixel.com/mobile/?id=79995

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Sep 2013 - 10:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014146 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2013 - 10:42 PM

I do love those giga pixel shots, always impresive to see the detail.

Quote: This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 MegaPixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being installed in strategic locations. It can identify a face in a multitude of people.

Not convinced by that bit as you can buy the equipment to shoot these off the web and there are quite a few site devoted to them.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014822 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Sep 2013 - 11:10 PM

I didn't check that out, I just posted what was emailed to me.

MichaelMelb_AU
    13 Sep 2013 - 11:57 PM

Quote: ...you can buy the equipment to shoot these off the web and there are quite a few site devoted to them.

Thanks, newer saw them before. Could be interesting to compare Gigapan shot with old 3-5 Mp DSLR on it and one of the modern top-Mp camerasWink You may just woke an upgrade bug in meGrinGrinGrin

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 13 Sep 2013 - 11:58 PM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014146 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Sep 2013 - 9:32 AM

I looked at buying these a while back, but managed not to part with my money Wink
    It's really cool but it seems to me that most of the time you are marvelling at the technology rather than the image.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.