Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Big Brother's Camera

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
13 Sep 2013 10:36PM
Subject: "BIG BROTHER"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more you click the closer the view of the faces...

This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 MegaPixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being installed in strategic locations. It can identify a face in a multitude of people. Place the cursor in the mass of people and double-click a couple times (or 'finger-spread' on a device.) Scary sharp....

http://www.gigapixel.com/mobile/?id=79995

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 10:42PM
I do love those giga pixel shots, always impresive to see the detail.

Quote:This picture was taken with a 70,000 x 30,000 pixel camera (2100 MegaPixels.) These cameras are not sold to the public and are being installed in strategic locations. It can identify a face in a multitude of people.

Not convinced by that bit as you can buy the equipment to shoot these off the web and there are quite a few site devoted to them.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
13 Sep 2013 11:10PM
I didn't check that out, I just posted what was emailed to me.
13 Sep 2013 11:57PM

Quote:...you can buy the equipment to shoot these off the web and there are quite a few site devoted to them.

Thanks, newer saw them before. Could be interesting to compare Gigapan shot with old 3-5 Mp DSLR on it and one of the modern top-Mp camerasWink You may just woke an upgrade bug in meGrinGrinGrin
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 9:32AM
I looked at buying these a while back, but managed not to part with my money Wink
It's really cool but it seems to me that most of the time you are marvelling at the technology rather than the image.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.