Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bird Photography

18 Oct 2013 8:13AM
1D MKIV or 5D III for bird photography ? my current lens is the 300 F2.8 II And I have both extenders and the 1D IV, but does anyone use the 5D III with this lens ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
18 Oct 2013 10:23AM
From what I've seen, both are capable of superb results with long telephoto lenses.
Without further research, I would wonder about the weather proofing of the 5Dmk3 compared to the 1D series generally, which is outstanding.
18 Oct 2013 12:00PM
I have recently bought a 5d mkIII which I am using with a 300 F.4 & 1.4 converter - no probe so far. Lou
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
18 Oct 2013 8:33PM
i been using a 7D for my wildlife/macro but next week I have a 5D mkIII coming, its got a decent frame rate now and I have seen some superb wildlife images with this camera.
18 Oct 2013 10:33PM
I have a 1D mkIV and a 5D MmkII (unfortunatly not the mk III) and find that the ID mk IV is far quicker at focusing and obviously has a larger FPS which I find helps..
I have tried both cameras using a 300mm f2.8 lens and have to admit I only use this lens now on the ID mkIV for wildlife and just keep
the 5D for landscapes etc;

David
19 Oct 2013 9:15AM
Interesting comments thank you all very much for your input, will need to think about it.
Regards les

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.