Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Birmingham Photo's from 1960's

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
1 Jun 2012 8:18AM

Quote:D J Norton - Dennis John Norton - was born in Birmingham in 1930 and died from an asthma attack aged 35 in Ledbury, Herefordshire, nine weeks before Mark Norton, his son, was born. The son has now made his father's images of Birmingham available to the public

BBC Link

Here is his website

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stillbase 3 63 Wales
1 Jun 2012 9:11AM
I've been following this site for a number of years and Mark Norton has done a wonderful job with it. I'm sure that he would be interested to hear from anyone who has good photographs of the centre of Birmingham before it was destroyed by the "developers" in the 1960's.
Techno 6 1.0k 8 England
1 Jun 2012 9:22AM
Thanks MrGoatsmilk for the link, being a Brummie and with there being a lot of material from this once proud city and, a time I remember well, such memories, this is very much a labour of love compiling all his fathers work and well done to him.Smile
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
1 Jun 2012 10:01AM
thanks for posting...an ex Black Country Lad Smile
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
1 Jun 2012 10:53AM
Glad you like it, Another Black Country Lad who works in Brum at the mo
TTT 13 559 Germany
1 Jun 2012 12:01PM
Heh!!! these bring back some memories, on my last visit to Small Heath a few years ago to find they'd rebuilt the whole area where I was born and I didn't recognise a thing. Thanks for the link.
edtaylor 3 104 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 3:39PM
I was a kid at the time but I can remember them doing all the building work in the 60s. I hated all the concrete and all. Pity they did not keep the old character the City had. At least it is a bit better now.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.