Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bit of a disaster

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    southsnapper
    3 Jan 2009 - 6:41 PM

Sony A200 with HVL-F42AM fitted to hot shoe was standing on a table when some one knocked it over breaking the lugs off both camera and flash that hold the two together, unfortunately not covered by insurance.

Question is are they repairable or is the camera now effectively a back up for none flash photography?

Everything still works including the external flash if held on to the camera.

Feeling pretty sick about it all now Sad

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Jan 2009 - 6:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2009 - 7:03 PM

I would try a decent camera shop or contact Sony at one of their service centres, you may find that the flash plates can be replaced, I know a friend has the one on his 10D replaced for example.

Good luck, you have my sympathy. My SLR packed up today as well, so I too am awaiting the how much quote.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2009 - 9:12 PM

two words , house insurance

southsnapper
    3 Jan 2009 - 9:19 PM

Quote: Two words , house insurance

Got none, just sold our house and staying with friends, not covered on their insurance, already tried Sad

Last Modified By southsnapper at 3 Jan 2009 - 9:19 PM
    Goggie
    Goggie  533 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2009 - 11:10 AM

If they have house insurance they may have liability cover for any damage to other peoples property. Think its fairly standard.

Gloria

bikerbob
    bikerbob  12172 forum posts
    5 Jan 2009 - 3:44 PM

Hi there
    Last year I had my A 100 repaired by SONY they have a fixed price for repairs to digital SLR,s of 114.56 INC VAT but this does not cover accidental damage such as yours but they will give you an estimate. If you go to a local SONY centre they can give you the relevant paperwork or you can download it from their website. One word of warning if you send the camera to SONY for an estimate and you refuse the estimate they charge you a refused estimate fee of 52.88 payable before the product is returned. These prices were correct as of June 2008. Prices included postage both ways and their turn around time for my camera was 1 week.

Last Modified By bikerbob at 5 Jan 2009 - 3:50 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.