Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Black & White Weekly Challenge w.e 27th June 8 pm - "Statues, Statuettes, Figurines"

21 Jun 2012 7:55AM
This weeks challenge is Statues/Statuettes/Figurines. Any shape, size, indoors, outdoors. Enjoy this weeks challenge everyone.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2012 2:06PM
-dsc4244.jpg

Woodpecker sculpture near Rockcliffe, Dumfries & Galloway, taken yesterday.
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
23 Jun 2012 11:18PM
"Statue?"

"Yes. 'Course it's me!"
25 Jun 2012 7:47AM
3 days to go. Plenty of time to enter a shot of "Statues,Statuettes or Figurines". Can be found indoors or outdoors. Any size. Anyone can join in.
27 Jun 2012 7:53AM
Closes 8 pm tonight. Still plenty of time to upload your shot of "Statues/Statuettes/Figurines". Anyone can join in. Lots of scope for subjects in or outdoors.
27 Jun 2012 8:00PM
Times Up everyone............got glass of wine in hand - off to view those great shots. Back soon with news of winning image.
27 Jun 2012 8:19PM
Finished my wine.......and have come to a decision.

First I'd like to say...respect to all of you.......I've tried taking photos of statues and have struggled with the exposure. All of the photos here are better that I have managed.

I've decided my winner this week is

Count D'Orsay by JawDborn

Well done Jack - great shot. The exposure is wonderful - showing all of the detail in the bust. I like the lighting.......it looks nice and natural. The shot is sharp and I love the presentation with the black background, and the border.

Well done to everyone - hope you enjoyed the challenge.

It's over to you Jack............looking forward to your challenge for the coming week.

Cheers All

Elaine
JawDborn e2
2 795 1 England
27 Jun 2012 8:34PM
Many thanks, Elaine, for your encouraging comments, and for hosting. I Googled ' Count D'Orsay,' and it seemd he was a French dandy. (not a continental sister comic to 'The Beano.')

Next challenge is: 'Bricks/Building Stone'. This can be anything for instance,from texture of a half-brick to field walls, or patterns of brick/stonework. Have fun.

And divn't drop yer dottle on the proggy mat, Elaine.

Regards to all,

Jack
jadus e2
3 1.0k 2 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2012 8:38PM
Yo - well done jack!!
Thanks for hosting elaine.............

bricks hmmmmmmm - now there's a challengeGrin
27 Jun 2012 8:41PM
He was also an "Amateur Artist" and a "Man of Fashion"..............are you sure this isn't a self-portrait Jack!!

Eeeeeehh Jack - aa cannit afford a mat man! wiv got lino!

Great subject for the coming week by the way.

Cheers

Elaine
wynn469 e2
5 72 Wales
27 Jun 2012 9:45PM
Good entry by all congratulation to jack.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.