Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Black and White competition clarification.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigel_95
    Nigel_95 e2 Member 8260 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 10:56 PM

As I read it, I am not 100% sure what the intended subject matter is for this competition. I quote " We want to see your best Black & White images. They can be portraits or landscapes, of architecture, abandoned places (creepy looking if you wish) or shoot something more abstract if you like. Anything really, so long as it fits the competition theme."
    Is portrait and landscape refering to the orientation of the images, or is it potential subject matter? (I suspect the comma between "landscapes" and "of" may be what has thrown me.....)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Oct 2012 - 10:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 10:57 PM

Subject, I think.

Nigel_95
    Nigel_95 e2 Member 8260 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 11:02 PM

I suspect you are probably right Cole, but I'm not sure, and your answer suggests you are not either....

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41108 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 11:32 PM

It sounds to me to be subject.

Nigel_95
    11 Oct 2012 - 11:52 PM

Ok, so thats three of us that think it's more likely to be subject matter. But are we right??

paulcookphotography

Quote: " Anything really, so long as it fits the competition theme."

Since the theme is black and white, and they say anything goes, i'd say they mean any pic thats black and white.

Any news on last month's Lighting comp though?

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2012 - 7:27 AM

I think my question for this month competition is:
    Is it black and white or is it mono? If mono, could it be a toned mono?

nik111
    nik111 ePHOTOzine Staff 6322 forum postsnik111 vcard United Kingdom
    12 Oct 2012 - 9:42 AM

Quote: Is portrait and landscape refering to the orientation of the images, or is it potential subject matter?

It's talking about subject matter. Sorry for the confusion!

Quote: Since the theme is black and white, and they say anything goes, i'd say they mean any pic thats black and white.

Yes, this is right Smile.

Quote: Is it black and white or is it mono? If mono, could it be a toned mono?

It's Black & White.

Quote: Any news on last month's Lighting comp though?

The judges have put a shortlist together and are now working on picking their winners. An announcement should be live next week.

Nigel_95
    12 Oct 2012 - 10:40 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

jamiicarmenprince

What is the correct size for a competition picture to be entered at? Sorry Im new and can't se mto find the info anywhere. Thanks

celtxian
    celtxian  10 United Kingdom
    20 Oct 2012 - 4:48 PM

Also, anyone having problems submitting images from portfolio? Can select one from mine but there is no button to click 'submit; etc.

Not sure why its not working. All I see is button to finish uploading but its already in my portfolio!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.