Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Black and White competition clarification.

Nigel_95 Plus
9 260 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 10:56PM
As I read it, I am not 100% sure what the intended subject matter is for this competition. I quote " We want to see your best Black & White images. They can be portraits or landscapes, of architecture, abandoned places (creepy looking if you wish) or shoot something more abstract if you like. Anything really, so long as it fits the competition theme."
Is portrait and landscape refering to the orientation of the images, or is it potential subject matter? (I suspect the comma between "landscapes" and "of" may be what has thrown me.....)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Oct 2012 10:57PM
Subject, I think.
Nigel_95 Plus
9 260 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 11:02PM
I suspect you are probably right Cole, but I'm not sure, and your answer suggests you are not either....
ianrobinson 5 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 11:32PM
It sounds to me to be subject.
Nigel_95 Plus
9 260 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 11:52PM
Ok, so thats three of us that think it's more likely to be subject matter. But are we right??
12 Oct 2012 1:23AM

Quote: " Anything really, so long as it fits the competition theme."

Since the theme is black and white, and they say anything goes, i'd say they mean any pic thats black and white.

Any news on last month's Lighting comp though?
Coleslaw Plus
9 13.4k 28 Wales
12 Oct 2012 7:27AM
I think my question for this month competition is:
Is it black and white or is it mono? If mono, could it be a toned mono?
12 Oct 2012 9:42AM

Quote:Is portrait and landscape refering to the orientation of the images, or is it potential subject matter?

It's talking about subject matter. Sorry for the confusion!

Quote:Since the theme is black and white, and they say anything goes, i'd say they mean any pic thats black and white.

Yes, this is right Smile.

Quote:Is it black and white or is it mono? If mono, could it be a toned mono?

It's Black & White.

Quote:Any news on last month's Lighting comp though?

The judges have put a shortlist together and are now working on picking their winners. An announcement should be live next week.
Nigel_95 Plus
9 260 2 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2012 10:40PM
Thank you for the clarification.
What is the correct size for a competition picture to be entered at? Sorry Im new and can't se mto find the info anywhere. Thanks
celtxian 11 1 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2012 4:48PM
Also, anyone having problems submitting images from portfolio? Can select one from mine but there is no button to click 'submit; etc.

Not sure why its not working. All I see is button to finish uploading but its already in my portfolio!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.