Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Black and white for newborns

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Sociable4
    10 Mar 2014 - 12:21 PM

I read in a Sony ad yesterday that black and white often works for newborns.

I have never tried this and wondered if anyone has any strong views, for or against?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Mar 2014 - 12:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nickthompson
    10 Mar 2014 - 5:11 PM

It can look better as it takes away the pinkish tint of the skin. When I convert to B&W I use the channel mixer and use red - 90, Green - 5, Blue - 5.
    This seems to smooth the skin and removes any slight blemishes.

Nick

Paul_Anthony
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:33 PM

Looking for more material for your Blog Sociable4?

Do you think you should be writing a blog giving out newborn tips on a subject you claim to have no knowledge of?

In a previous thread you asked for info on studio flash damaging a newborns eyes as you were new to the game and you were unsure as to the possible dangers... Only to link to you blog later in the post.

Good Luck.

Paul

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023203 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2014 - 9:41 PM

That website is full of cut and paste forum posts from here, there and everywhere else. Quite comical. Newborn photography tips contains very few Newborn Photographs!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315670 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2014 - 10:06 PM

Quote: That website is full of cut and paste forum posts from here, there and everywhere else. Quite comical. Newborn photography tips contains very few Newborn Photographs!

I have`t looked at the tips from the pro`s, bit yet Smile

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023203 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2014 - 6:37 AM

The consensus seems to be that Flash Photography will have no effect on the babies apart from frying their optic nerve.

Sociable4
    11 Mar 2014 - 5:28 PM

Thanks again.
    Very helpful as usual.

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72542 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    11 Mar 2014 - 9:41 PM

Quote: Flash Photography will have no effect on the babies apart from frying their optic nerve

...and dropping light stands on them you said.....you said.......

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.