Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

black and white weekly challenge - skin. Challenge ends wednesday 20th june at 8pm.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jadus
    jadus e2 Member 2921 forum postsjadus vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jun 2012 - 8:52 PM

Hi all

The challenge for this next week is SKIN. That can be the skin of a pig, inside the ear of a sheep (?), human skin or the skin of a fruit. It does not have to be raw - so the cooked skin of a chicken or an apple, thats of thing. clearly the human skin could ahve done with not being cooked unless you're taking the photo sat in a wet tent and the skin is all crinkled or on a beach!

Rules

1. The challenge is just for fun.
    2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
    3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 13th June
    4. All uploads must be B&W
    5. Only one upload per member
    6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
    7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
    8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
    9. Have fun.

jade

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Jun 2012 - 8:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JawDborn
    JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
    13 Jun 2012 - 11:01 PM

That' s aSKINg a lot!

Jack

snapbandit
    13 Jun 2012 - 11:07 PM

Posted @ 8:52pm

Quote:
    Rules

3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 13th June

jade

Have I missed something (or do we have to invent time travel before entering??? WinkWinkWink )

jadus
    jadus e2 Member 2921 forum postsjadus vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jun 2012 - 9:50 AM

no snap bandit i made a mistake!!

although photos of skin that have been through time travel would be interesting. Mr Spock's skin always looked pristine despite repeated being beamed up!!

It does say in big letters at the the top the 20 june but just for clarity challenge runs until wednesday 20 june 2012 at 8pm. Hopefully then i will have finished watching back to the future!!

jade

snapbandit
    14 Jun 2012 - 12:44 PM

LOL sorry couldn't resist it!!
    GrinGrinGrinGrin

jadus
    14 Jun 2012 - 1:09 PM

you monkey!!!!!!

jadus
    20 Jun 2012 - 9:38 PM

dear all

i am so sorry i have jut realized the time and what i should have done at 8pm.

I will have a close look at the entries and come back to you asap.

jade

jadus
    20 Jun 2012 - 10:03 PM

dear all

thank you very much for playing with skin!!
    oh dear - i am torn between three the apple, the onion and the pineapple!!

what i like about the apple is the texture set against the smoothness. I like the evenness of the light and the play of the shadows. I love the fact the stalk sticks up which seems to me to lift the image.

i remain alittle uncertain about the black back ground bit can see why it would be hard to offset an onion against a white back ground. I like th even ness of the light and then theplay of the shadow at the bottom which emphasises the bits of skin that have fallen off - been neatly placed for the image!!

My favourite - and the winner is the pineapple. I like the juxtaposition of the textures of the leaves and the skin itself. I like the repetition of the pattern of the skin and how the angle of the light has created the shadows between each one of the segments. I wondered what this would look like set against a black background? I also like the nagle the fruit has been placed at. Well done Elaine.

over to you.....................

jade

WeeGeordieLass
    WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2338 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
    20 Jun 2012 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for choosing my image Jade. I'm really pleased that you like it. I'm in bed logged in on my I-phone now so will reply properly tomorrow.

The topic I'd like to choose for the coming week is Statues/statuettes/Figurines. I'll start a new forum thread tomorrow - off to the land of nod now!

Thanks again and well done to everyone else

Cheers

Elaine

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.