Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Black Rapid

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

patters
patters  101786 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2011 - 6:11 PM

Well, I bought an R4 to try and make carrying my camera a more pleasurable experience. Rubbish I reckon, adjustment is too hard, doesn't extend particularly far and no contour on shoulder pad means it pulls up onto neck

Gutted

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

patters

crap rapid!

MrGoatsmilk
30 Aug 2011 - 6:20 PM

I thought you had been to Anne Summers when I read the titleGrin

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111547 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2011 - 6:31 PM

Quote: I thought you had been to Anne Summers when I read the title

Probably would have been more satisfied if he had.

I'm pleased for the info though as the Black Rapid was something I was looking at.

patters
30 Aug 2011 - 6:35 PM

Its only my opinion obviously, but it came about half hour ago and I'm currently printing the amazon return label

Don't get the anne summers reference

User_Removed
30 Aug 2011 - 6:43 PM

Quote: Don't get the anne summers reference

Nor do I...

(It's our 'Sheltered Lives' that we lead Patters... Wink)

MrGoatsmilk
30 Aug 2011 - 7:01 PM

Yeah yeah tell it to the judge Wink

FlashBangPicture

can send it my way if you like Wink i was thinking of getting one but would need to try it before buying based on your info

jennialexander
jennialexander e2 Member 1045 forum postsjennialexander vcard United Kingdom
30 Aug 2011 - 8:41 PM

My husband & I both have one. although I think his is an R5. Mine is a ladies. It is one of the best investments we have made. We really like them. Certainly takes the weight of of our necks. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer told me about them. He wouldn't use anything else and neither would we.
Only problem is when we want to use a tripod have to remember to have a spare plate with us. It has happened when we have left home with the Black Rapid attached ,tripod in hand and the plate is still at home!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2011 - 8:47 PM

Quote: Don't get the anne summers reference

Quote: My husband & I both have one. although I think his is an R5. Mine is a ladies. It is one of the best investments we have made. We really like them. Certainly takes the weight of of our necks

The mind boggles Smile Smile

patters
30 Aug 2011 - 8:51 PM

Quote: although I think his is an R5. Mine is a ladies

So, in fairness, Jen, neither you nor your husband have one, because its not an R5, nor is it a 'ladies' one, because despite popular belief, I am not a lady!
WOMEN, KNOW YOUR PLACE!!

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111547 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2011 - 9:07 PM

Quote: despite popular belief, I am not a lady!

14520.jpg

No kidding Tongue

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2011 - 9:08 PM

Quote: WOMEN, KNOW YOUR PLACE!!

OUCH!!!

Can you get done for inciting a riot on EPZ......

AdeGrin

patters
30 Aug 2011 - 9:14 PM

thats an old photo, I have green hair now and more face piercing's

jennialexander
jennialexander e2 Member 1045 forum postsjennialexander vcard United Kingdom
2 Sep 2011 - 7:19 AM

Actually patters to be fair to Black rapid. the correct names for the straps we have (which incidently has nothing to do with Anne summers!!)
I have a Black rapid RS-W1 Women's Strap (& I know my place-It is superior to most men I know!!!!)
My husband Bob has a Black rapid RS-5. (& he doesn't always know his place although he thinks he does)
Bob is a chap who never wears his camera around his neck. Probably thinks it is too girlie. He has a Nikon D300 with battery pack and heavy lenses on many occasions.
We where in Venice in March and it was pretty cold and crowded. He is getting on in years and his hand was aching and I was sick of his complaining so I talked him into trying the RS-5 and he now says it is the best thing I have bought him! so then had to get myself another. I opted for the RS-W1. Not as well specified as the RS-5 or as expensive but extremely comfortable
Jenni
(Written with my tongue in my cheek but some good evidence that this strap is worth having albeit a bit expensive!)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.