Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Blackberry Pearl 8120

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikeyc71
    mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
    24 Feb 2008 - 3:44 PM

I am looking to get the Blackberry Pearl 8120 from expansys. Is is possible to insert the SIM card from my current mobile phone into the 8120 or do I have to sign up for a contract?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2008 - 3:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stevieb
    stevieb  102994 forum posts Panama2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2008 - 4:30 PM

I had my existing Vodafone contract switched on for voice and data. Plugged the old sim card in the Blackberry and away it went. So I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use your existing number and sim. It may be worth checking with your Network provider first.

(A little tip. If you use MS Outlook for your contacts list. Make sure you've got your SIM details synchronised, as the Blackbery synchronises over wireless. I ended up with duplicates all over the shop)

Steve

mikeyc71
    24 Feb 2008 - 5:46 PM

Thanks for the info Steve, I will check with Vodafone first and see what they say before I part with any cash.

I have got a pay-as-you-go SIM so that should work ok?

saramalik
    saramalik  961 forum posts
    21 Apr 2008 - 2:57 PM

I got blackberry 8120 had to switch provider and sign new contract. The camera for it is useless. Have u bought it yet?

mikeyc71
    26 May 2008 - 9:22 PM

No I have not bought it. Deciding to go for the white Nokia 6110 Navigator. Not sure where to buy it from.

saramalik
    saramalik  961 forum posts
    27 May 2008 - 6:11 AM

Between the 2 i would go for blackberry, its slim and easy to use im now an expert at its menus. About the services i cant tell u much cos i live in Pakistan and services are very cheap here, incoming call is free, limited number of sms is free, blackberry messenger is free..
    So i might not be a good person to tell u about the services, but i have been using BB pearl for about 5 mos now, and im very happy with it.
    it cant record sound or make movie & camera is very bad, but i can live with that Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.