Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Blashford Lakes Bird Hide Guide by Geoff Dore.

Paintman e2
8 876 173 United Kingdom
11 May 2013 6:01PM
Hide Guide

Hide Guide Showcase

I hope EPZ don't mind the links but I thought I'd post them as they are very informative about a nature reserve just north of Ringwood, Hampshire. Geoff Dore's article's are from a photographers point of view and include hide etiquette ( I had no idea there was such a thing ) and some of the species he's been able to photograph. He has loads of shots of Bittern, fox cubs playing, White Egrets, Little Ringed Plovers, grebes, Sand Martins, etc.

I haven't been to this reserve but do intend to visit it this weekend. Anyone visiting the area may find this reserve interesting along with the more well known reserve of Arne in Dorset.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
11 May 2013 8:34PM
I hope you have a good trip and enjoy your visit.

Its local to us and I used to visit Blashford a lot but tended to be put off by the clique of photographers who tended to take over the Woodland Hide in particular, set up with full long-lens kit + massive tripods, blocking the only opening window and not letting anyone else get a look in.

Hopefully things may have changed a bit as it was around a year ago but the atmosphere was getting a bit prickly there at times which spoilt the enjoyment of an otherwise excellent location
Paintman e2
8 876 173 United Kingdom
11 May 2013 9:19PM

Quote:Its local to us and I used to visit Blashford a lot but tended to be put off by the clique of photographers who tended to take over the Woodland Hide in particular, set up with full long-lens kit + massive tripods, blocking the only opening window and not letting anyone else get a look in.

I think photography is becoming a competitive sport, lets hope it doesn't become a contact sportTongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.