Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Blasts from the past...or dinosaurs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 6:20 PM

Piece of cardboard held in place with a wooden clothes peg in the spokes of your bicycle, to make a rat-a-tat-a-tat noise.
Free scraps at the chippie.
No syncromesh on first gear.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 8 Feb 2013 - 6:20 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam

Quote: 50p leccy meters.

They always used to take shilling coins! Petrol cost about three shillings and sixpence per gallon. and some cars didn't have a 0-60mph acceleration time because they couldn't go that fast

Last Modified By thewilliam at 8 Feb 2013 - 6:21 PM
Meheecho
Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 - 6:23 PM

[quote]Hair Sad[/quote
GrinGrinGrin
A bit like other parts of me it's going back where it came from

AlexandraSD
8 Feb 2013 - 6:58 PM

Quote: 50p leccy meters.

They always used to take shilling coins! Petrol cost about three shillings and sixpence per gallon. and some cars didn't have a 0-60mph acceleration time because they couldn't go that fast

Crikey, im not that old, yet, i turn 40 next year, until then im in my 30s and youngish Grin well, young enough not to know how much a shilling was worth, were they not 5ps?

Hmmm, kids who didnt look like they were gonna rob you on every street corner.

Last Modified By AlexandraSD at 8 Feb 2013 - 6:59 PM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110234 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 7:16 PM

Those wonderful, bulbous magnifying screen on the front of 7" TV screens

The excitement of the first landing on the moon, stayed up through the night to watch that scratchy TV signal that finally said they had landed safely, then "One Small Step etc" - magic

Sitting on a lab stool chatting with the others in the lab about what we would do if war was declared as a result of the American ultimatum to Kruschev to remove the rockets from Cuba (felt almost anti-climactic when he did remove them, we had worked out one heck of a drunken orgy as a "going away party" Grin )

Bus conducturs (usually pretty lasses) who gave you a ticket from a wooden rack, then clipped them with a little "ting" from their ticket machine

The excitement of going for my first Chinese meal (made from dogs and cats the old biddies all reckoned - "Foreign Muck" )

Grey soggy cabbage and bright orange corned beef hash for school dinners - "The best days of you life", not for me they weren't!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 7:19 PM

The Radio Times

3 gallons of petrol for 1

Last Modified By saltireblue at 8 Feb 2013 - 7:20 PM
redsnappa
redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 - 7:27 PM

Nostalgia and Reminiscence. I remember a long while ago when we would look back at old times and the old things which have now long gone. I wish I could bring back those times.

Last Modified By redsnappa at 8 Feb 2013 - 7:30 PM
AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6606 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 7:33 PM

8-track tapes, casette tapes - thankfully vinyl is making a return.

keith selmes
8 Feb 2013 - 7:41 PM

Putting on your coat and picking up a torch to go out to the toilet.

Little squares of newspaper threaded on a piece of string hanging on a nail.

Gas mantles. Do people still have those ?

Children being taught how to light fires. (Rather than taught not to)

The horses with nosebags pulling the dustmens cart.

Dustmen.

The rag and bone man.

Winding the gramophone.

Cameras with bellows. Oh but we still use those Wink

keith selmes
8 Feb 2013 - 7:43 PM

Quote: thankfully vinyl is making a return

I saw brand new portable record players at the supermarket today.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64362 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 8:20 PM

Dansette record players. I'm actually trying to find one to replace the one I bought for 25 way back. It was yellow.

Meheecho
8 Feb 2013 - 9:17 PM

Red rum Shergar--oh no that's the present

hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3791 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2013 - 9:22 PM

Having and using a pocket or sheath knife, like most other kids..........essential kit if you went camping or wanted to make your own toys, catapults, whistles and bows and arrows etc.
You were taught safe knife skills by responsible adults or learned them in the scouts and guides.....you were praised as being a responsible kid for having a sharp pocket knife.....Never ever dreamed of them as weapons.....mine goes with me everywhere today.

Hobbo

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8505 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
8 Feb 2013 - 9:26 PM

Quote: 3 gallons of petrol for 1

You must be a youngster .....when I started motoring, I could fill my 8 gallon tank and get some change from my 1

A pack of 5 Woodbines for 1 shilling.

Meheecho
8 Feb 2013 - 10:01 PM

A pint of Norwich bitter for one and nine pence -- drunk as a lord for a quid

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.