Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

BLEKKO

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Colin Smale
    1 Nov 2012 - 5:29 PM

If ever a company needed flagging up this one does. This search engine somehow appears on our PC's and apparently is hell to try and get rid of. It really really wants me to use it rather than Google and somehow comes up first when I click my Google short-cut, how does it do that !!

If it hadn't have been so 'in my face' I may tried it but... it's no real problem to close it and use Good old Google. The sooner it realises it's not wanted the better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Nov 2012 - 5:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    1 Nov 2012 - 5:33 PM

You will have been tricked into installing it on your computer when upgrading or installing something else.

Easy enough to remove

http://help.blekko.com/index.php/how-do-i-uninstall-search-bar/

Colin Smale
    1 Nov 2012 - 6:42 PM

Phew, what a palaver eh! I wonder if 'ANYONE' likes blekko?

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61192 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 11:39 PM

We've got the same problem with the search engine, Babylon that's found its way onto our laptop. Right pain in the wotsit. I thought I had got rid of it once then it suddenly reappeared a couple of weeks later.....nasty little thing. I'll get rid of it eventually!

Colin Smale
    2 Nov 2012 - 8:02 AM

I'm getting the feeling it would be easier to remove death & taxes!Sad

User_Removed
    2 Nov 2012 - 8:46 AM

Remove Babylon guide

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3296 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2012 - 9:24 AM

Remember when downloading any programs,especially "free" ones, that these often include unwanted add-ons which are installed by default as noted above.

I suggest that you choose the manual installation option than be selective, e.g. untick any boxes offering to load any toolbars or associated products etc. unless you specifically want to try them.
    If this is choice is not an option personally I would avoid the download.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.