Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Blogging

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    julesm
    julesm e2 Member 101698 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2012 - 1:55 PM

Ok, anyone care to give a crash course in how I can set up a blog to help drive traffic and interest to my site?

I seem to have created a blogger.com thingy, which seems to be linked to my Goggle + thingy, and I added a blog post, but it all went a bit awry when I published it. It went to my website, where I had not added the blog, (thought the link to my domain option seemed like a doog idea, but obviously doesnt really work as I expected).

Really not sure how the elements hang together?

Jules

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Apr 2012 - 1:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

julesm
    julesm e2 Member 101698 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2012 - 2:32 PM

Is it just a simple case of creating content on Goggle+ and linking it somehow to my website?

GlennH
    GlennH  91880 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2012 - 9:37 PM

Maybe you'll get more comprehensive advice from someone else, but for search-engine purposes I think it's better to have the blog originate from your website and to be fed elsewhere rather than the opposite, which I think does nothing positive for your site's SEO or to drive new visitors to it. Or if that's wrong, I'd be interested to know about it - I read that when I was running a site with a blog feed feature.

julesm
    16 Apr 2012 - 6:44 PM

Many thanks, that does seem to make sense.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.