Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Blogging

julesm 10 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2012 1:55PM
Ok, anyone care to give a crash course in how I can set up a blog to help drive traffic and interest to my site?

I seem to have created a blogger.com thingy, which seems to be linked to my Goggle + thingy, and I added a blog post, but it all went a bit awry when I published it. It went to my website, where I had not added the blog, (thought the link to my domain option seemed like a doog idea, but obviously doesnt really work as I expected).

Really not sure how the elements hang together?

Jules

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Apr 2012 2:32PM
Is it just a simple case of creating content on Goggle+ and linking it somehow to my website?
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
15 Apr 2012 9:37PM
Maybe you'll get more comprehensive advice from someone else, but for search-engine purposes I think it's better to have the blog originate from your website and to be fed elsewhere rather than the opposite, which I think does nothing positive for your site's SEO or to drive new visitors to it. Or if that's wrong, I'd be interested to know about it - I read that when I was running a site with a blog feed feature.
16 Apr 2012 6:44PM
Many thanks, that does seem to make sense.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.