Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Blogging software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2008 - 2:07 PM

I need to find some blogging software / service that I can add to an existing site.

My requirements would be:

Full css control - i.e. be able to incorporate into an existing design.
    No unwanted content.
    Good image control - but doesn't have to be a photoblog, just need to place images in articles.
    Doesn't matter how technical you need to be to set up but does need to be pretty user friendly.
    Not fussed about platform if hosting is required, but MS SQL / Windows /IIS would be preferable over linux / php / mysql.

Any one got any recommendations? Ta.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Mar 2008 - 2:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterbilitch
    6 Mar 2008 - 3:37 PM

Wordpress is open source and extremely popular.

They even have a volunteer group amongst the extended community who will install and configure a basic installation on your host server.

Hosting-wise, I use AN Hosting [now owned by Midphase] who were one of the Hosting sites referred by Wordpress and apart from being low-priced they offer unlimited storage and their support is very fast and friendly [to me at least Wink]

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2008 - 3:42 PM

I use Blogger for my Blog & it works pretty well for me:

Full css control - Yes
    No unwanted content - has a blogger toolbar at the top, not sure if you can get rid of that...haven't tried.
    Good image control - seems OK to me.
    need to be pretty user friendly - it is that
    Not fussed about platform - all you need to do is setup FTP access

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2008 - 3:48 PM

Quote: has a blogger toolbar at the top, not sure if you can get rid of that...haven't tried.

Yes you can!

kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2008 - 4:02 PM

Cheers guys. Hosting isn't a problem - I've got half a dozen servers! I've used blogger before as a project update platform when working with guys in many locations. I'll review both of them and a couple more I've found. Nice blog Chris - I do drop in from time to time . . .

kit-monster
    6 Mar 2008 - 4:03 PM

Quote: Quote:has a blogger toolbar at the top, not sure if you can get rid of that...haven't tried.Yes you can!

I love css!

lobsterboy
    6 Mar 2008 - 6:11 PM

Quote: Nice blog Chris - I do drop in from time to time . . .

Thanks - Glad to hear it Smile

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2008 - 7:26 PM

OI!
    What have I told you about touting for visitors on here!

Wink

lobsterboy
    6 Mar 2008 - 10:56 PM

Sorry Mr moderator sir..it won't happen again sir....

..Though if anyone does want to visit, the link is in my profile.

....so sorry to bother you.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2008 - 8:18 AM

So, power struggle between moderators is true.

lobsterboy
    7 Mar 2008 - 8:27 AM

Not so much a power struggle as a battle across time & space Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.