Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

BluDomain Website Down

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    FatHandedChap
    15 Jan 2009 - 11:25 AM

Has anyone else got a BluDomain webiste that they host with BluDomain? Mines been down for a couple of days and no emails either.

Sent a support ticket, but just wondering if anyone else is having problems?

Cheers

Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jan 2009 - 11:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesBurns
    15 Jan 2009 - 11:29 AM

I don't, but I've seen some other people complaining on other forums.

FWIW, everything I've ever heard about Blu's customer support and hosting service has been that they're incredibly inconistent, not to mention up and down like a whore's whatsits. The general consensus is that if you do go with Blu, you should definitely host it elsewhere...

FatHandedChap
    15 Jan 2009 - 9:43 PM

I've just had a call from BluDomain and there is no problem with them but with LCN who I registered my domain with.

I renewed the domain last week, but not the hosting plan as I wasn't using it, but they kindly cleared out all the name servers and dns managemet for the account - I think they'll be getting some strongly worded correspondence from me....

pontybiker
    pontybiker  10208 forum posts
    19 Jan 2009 - 9:24 AM

Had lots of problems with Blu.

In the end I went with creative motion design. The customer service is amazing. I can't say enough about them.

I did lots of customization on my template, and they were very responsive to my ideas.

Jamie

FatHandedChap
    19 Jan 2009 - 2:28 PM

Site finally up and running again. LCN finally pulled their finger out and found the servers from the IP address I found on their logs - and that was after they claimed that they didn't keep records of such things!

While the problem was never caused by Blu they have been pretty slow in coming up with information for me. If I've learnt one thing from this it's to keep the information somewhere other than on the computer!

darling
    darling  5
    16 Jul 2009 - 10:04 PM

I couldn't resist answering this thread. Some time ago I paid them for a website and didn't have anything to show for a few months! Those guys just ignored me! I sent them FIFTEEN emails in two weeks and got 4 responses that sounded like,"I will pass your information along to so-and-so." Finally I switched to Readyphotosite, and have a nice and functional site running properly.

I'm glad your site is up again but just wanted to warn you.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.