Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bluebell woods

Laarloo 6 3
9 Apr 2008 4:15PM
Hello,

My name is Paula Davies, I came accross your site last night whilst I was trying to find a decent bluebell woods to photograph, so i joined up and as i am pretty rubbish at surfing sites i cannot find the page where there were a few people interested in meeting up locally in Birkhamstead at the end of april. would it be possible for one of those people to contact me as I am very interested in joining you.. My e mail is pauladavies (at) mac.com. Many thanks.

[Moderator note - Have edited your email to prevent it being harvested by those nasty little robots that spammers use.]

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
9 Apr 2008 4:29PM
Hi Paula, welcome to EPZ, I hope you enjoy your time on this site as much as I do.
If you would like to find out about meeting other enthusiasts, try clicking on Forums then going down to ePHOTOzine Members Meetings and Events. I'm sure there'll be someone in your neck of the woods.
steveb 10 332 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2008 5:05PM
Hi Paula, Welcome. The woods between Ashridge and Ivinghoe, fairly near Berkhamsted, are usually carpeted with bluebells. I usually spend some time there as I don't live too far away in Aylesbury. The woods are full of photographers, its hard to keep them out of your pics. Quite a few from Ephotozine usually go there.

Steve
peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2008 5:19PM
Probably as many photographers as there are Bluebells in Ashridge however it is a stunning place.
alfpics 12 357 England
10 Apr 2008 8:26PM
Are the bluebells out now?
Andy
elowes 10 2.8k United Kingdom
10 Apr 2008 8:42PM
Not in the south west.
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2008 8:44PM
I have been driving around Kent last week and Dorset/Wilts and the Cirencester area this week - all the bluebell woods I passed were still distinctly green......the cold spell will be slowing things down a bit. Patience is called for! Wink
Ben
alfpics 12 357 England
10 Apr 2008 8:59PM
Thanks for replying - its just that some are already out in our garden - must be the SW London warmth factor!
Andy
mrcal 10 1.0k
10 Apr 2008 9:57PM

Quote:Not in the south west.

I was photographing some last week down in Tehidy Woods in Cornwall. Not fields full of them, but enough to be interesting.
peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2008 11:15PM
not here in Seer Green yet Andy
Laarloo 6 3
12 Apr 2008 4:52PM
Hi, Steveb do you have a more exact location for the woods a road name maybe, so I can go along and check them out. Paula
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
12 Apr 2008 5:07PM
Paula,
There are some details here on the epz Locations feature for Ashridge
If you zoom in on the map you should be able to find your way there Smile
mark2uk 8 739 8 England
13 Apr 2008 2:22PM
Hi all,
just got back from Ashridge.
The flowers are starting to emerge up by Ivinghoe common (see latest upload) but it is at least a week until they are fully out.
None out at the Berkhamsted end of Ashridge yet.

Mark
15 Apr 2008 10:09PM
I haven't had time to drop by Ashridge yet, but last Sunday I saw some blue and starting to come out near Ibstone, Stokenchurch. Saw similar by the Henley to Marlow road, but none in the woods coming into Henley from Oxford.
19 Apr 2008 7:04AM
No change at Ashridge since Marks post. I had a look last night on the way home, the bluebells still have a way to go. With the current cold spell, I doubt they'll be ready to photograph next weekend, certainly not now. The usual 'bluebell no parking by the side of the road' signs are already up.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.