Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bluebell woods

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Laarloo
Laarloo  6
9 Apr 2008 - 4:15 PM

Hello,

My name is Paula Davies, I came accross your site last night whilst I was trying to find a decent bluebell woods to photograph, so i joined up and as i am pretty rubbish at surfing sites i cannot find the page where there were a few people interested in meeting up locally in Birkhamstead at the end of april. would it be possible for one of those people to contact me as I am very interested in joining you.. My e mail is pauladavies (at) mac.com. Many thanks.

[Moderator note - Have edited your email to prevent it being harvested by those nasty little robots that spammers use.]

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 9 Apr 2008 - 4:36 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Apr 2008 - 4:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84270 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2008 - 4:29 PM

Hi Paula, welcome to EPZ, I hope you enjoy your time on this site as much as I do.
If you would like to find out about meeting other enthusiasts, try clicking on Forums then going down to ePHOTOzine Members Meetings and Events. I'm sure there'll be someone in your neck of the woods.

Last Modified By KarenFB at 9 Apr 2008 - 4:30 PM
steveb
steveb  10330 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Apr 2008 - 5:05 PM

Hi Paula, Welcome. The woods between Ashridge and Ivinghoe, fairly near Berkhamsted, are usually carpeted with bluebells. I usually spend some time there as I don't live too far away in Aylesbury. The woods are full of photographers, its hard to keep them out of your pics. Quite a few from Ephotozine usually go there.

Steve

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123911 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2008 - 5:19 PM

Probably as many photographers as there are Bluebells in Ashridge however it is a stunning place.

alfpics
alfpics  12357 forum posts England
10 Apr 2008 - 8:26 PM

Are the bluebells out now?
Andy

elowes
elowes  102832 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Apr 2008 - 8:42 PM

Not in the south west.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2008 - 8:44 PM

I have been driving around Kent last week and Dorset/Wilts and the Cirencester area this week - all the bluebell woods I passed were still distinctly green......the cold spell will be slowing things down a bit. Patience is called for! Wink
Ben

alfpics
alfpics  12357 forum posts England
10 Apr 2008 - 8:59 PM

Thanks for replying - its just that some are already out in our garden - must be the SW London warmth factor!
Andy

mrcal
mrcal  101032 forum posts
10 Apr 2008 - 9:57 PM

Quote: Not in the south west.

I was photographing some last week down in Tehidy Woods in Cornwall. Not fields full of them, but enough to be interesting.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123911 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2008 - 11:15 PM

not here in Seer Green yet Andy

Laarloo
Laarloo  6
12 Apr 2008 - 4:52 PM

Hi, Steveb do you have a more exact location for the woods a road name maybe, so I can go along and check them out. Paula

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2008 - 5:07 PM

Paula,
There are some details here on the epz Locations feature for Ashridge
If you zoom in on the map you should be able to find your way there Smile

Last Modified By JJGEE at 12 Apr 2008 - 5:08 PM
mark2uk
mark2uk  8739 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2008 - 2:22 PM

Hi all,
just got back from Ashridge.
The flowers are starting to emerge up by Ivinghoe common (see latest upload) but it is at least a week until they are fully out.
None out at the Berkhamsted end of Ashridge yet.

Mark

Last Modified By mark2uk at 13 Apr 2008 - 2:27 PM
steveb
15 Apr 2008 - 10:09 PM

I haven't had time to drop by Ashridge yet, but last Sunday I saw some blue and starting to come out near Ibstone, Stokenchurch. Saw similar by the Henley to Marlow road, but none in the woods coming into Henley from Oxford.

steveb
19 Apr 2008 - 7:04 AM

No change at Ashridge since Marks post. I had a look last night on the way home, the bluebells still have a way to go. With the current cold spell, I doubt they'll be ready to photograph next weekend, certainly not now. The usual 'bluebell no parking by the side of the road' signs are already up.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.