Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bodiam Castle 14th March 2009 - 14/03/2009

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

twordley
twordley  8360 forum posts England
23 Feb 2009 - 7:16 PM

Darren, Jeff says he'll b there @ 10:30 ish.

If u want to get there for that time we'll need to leave @ around 09:15.............

unless of course, u wish to stop on the way down (HINT, HINT) for egg, bacon, sausage, chips, mushrooms, black pudding, tomatoes, beans, fried slice and bubble with 2 slices of toast on Crusty bread and a mug of coffee......

It would have been nice to have a full breakfast, but I'm watching me weight.... :O)

In which case we'll need to set off about 08:15 - 08:30 ish

but it really doesn't bother me either way - generally the earlier you get there, the less screaming saucepan lids are running around

and there is always the posibility of an early morning mist surrounding the place - making it really eerie......but brilliant

I'll leave it to you, just PM me and we'll sort out phone no. etc

trev

P.S

ROOM FOR ONE MORE FROM WELLING AREA ON THE BODIUM EXPRESS......

Last Modified By twordley at 23 Feb 2009 - 7:18 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Feb 2009 - 7:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96228 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Feb 2009 - 7:20 PM

Trevor,
I only stated 10:30 as that is the official opening time.
As a public footpath runs though the site access is presumably anytime, but I'm not too sure of the off site / roadside parking, which I believe is non existent !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 23 Feb 2009 - 7:20 PM
dwilkin
dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
23 Feb 2009 - 9:39 PM

I can get to Welling at 08:19 according to this 'ere journey planner...

Juliee
Juliee  7382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2009 - 10:15 AM

Btw, this meet should really be titled,
'Jeff goes digital @ Bodiam Castle!'

Maybe the rest of us should all take film Wink

JJGEE
25 Feb 2009 - 11:55 AM

Quote: Btw, this meet should really be titled,
'Jeff goes digital @ Bodiam Castle!'

Maybe the date should be changed to 1st April ! !

I'll even buy a round in the pub afterwards if anyone wishes to stay on for a while and show me how to "play back" my day's efforts Wink

dwilkin
27 Feb 2009 - 11:36 AM

Quote: Maybe the rest of us should all take film

A re-run of last summers 'One Camera, One Lens' challenges? That was great fun (except for the sunburn I got in Brighton... Wink)

JJGEE
5 Mar 2009 - 1:43 PM

Anyone else interested in coming along for a few hours photography at this well known / photographed location in East Sussex ?

Just keeping my fingers crossed there will be some good light for some great images with my new camera & lens Wink

Jeff

alfpics
alfpics  12356 forum posts England
5 Mar 2009 - 7:51 PM

I am interested, but not able to commit myself to it at this stage - would be great to re-visit Bodiam Castle!

Andy

JJGEE
10 Mar 2009 - 5:40 PM

Just checking in to remind everyone of this meet on Saturday, please do drop a note here / PM me if you have any questions or add you name on the Meet Diary Page if you want to come along. ( link at the top of this topic)

As I have mentioned the times are really quite flexible, come & go as you wish, but I'll be at the Tea Room / Shop by the entrance at 10:30.

I've been out with my new camera & lens a couple of times so hopefully will not have my head buried in the manual all day Smile

I'll be popping into the pub opposite afterwards so you will be most welcome to join me if you wish.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 10 Mar 2009 - 5:41 PM
dwilkin
14 Mar 2009 - 7:19 PM

Just got back, from a great day! Weather was kind to us - especially in the afternoon, and a fun time was had by all.

BTW, guys and girls - the meeting next week is at Eagle Heights, but there doesn't seem to be a forum thread for it... I knew something was on next week!

JJGEE
14 Mar 2009 - 7:33 PM

Thank you everyone for turning up and I do apologies for the hassle you had with form filling and sincerely hope it it not spoil the day too much Sad

Still a bit stressful for me with this new gadget I've got... hope it met with your approval and that I've made the right choice Wink

Just about to upload the images form the Card and hopefuly post one tonight ... just to prove to the doubters that I did actually have a card in the camera Smile

See you all in a few of weeks, 4th April at Hever Castle

Jeff

Last Modified By JJGEE at 14 Mar 2009 - 7:34 PM
Juliee
Juliee  7382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
15 Mar 2009 - 9:16 AM

Yes it was nice day. A very leisurely meet compared to some of the others I've been to! No marching up and down hills or sunburn!
Good to see Jeff and Darren again and to meet Sarah, Trevor, Mark and Ray. (and Jeffs' new camera!)
I think I may have a few pictures of ducks to send the NT Wink

Thanks Jeff.

Julie

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.