Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bodiam Castle 14th March 2009 - 14/03/2009

23 Feb 2009 7:16PM
Darren, Jeff says he'll b there @ 10:30 ish.

If u want to get there for that time we'll need to leave @ around 09:15.............

unless of course, u wish to stop on the way down (HINT, HINT) for egg, bacon, sausage, chips, mushrooms, black pudding, tomatoes, beans, fried slice and bubble with 2 slices of toast on Crusty bread and a mug of coffee......

It would have been nice to have a full breakfast, but I'm watching me weight.... :O)

In which case we'll need to set off about 08:15 - 08:30 ish

but it really doesn't bother me either way - generally the earlier you get there, the less screaming saucepan lids are running around

and there is always the posibility of an early morning mist surrounding the place - making it really eerie......but brilliant

I'll leave it to you, just PM me and we'll sort out phone no. etc

trev

P.S

ROOM FOR ONE MORE FROM WELLING AREA ON THE BODIUM EXPRESS......

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
23 Feb 2009 7:20PM
Trevor,
I only stated 10:30 as that is the official opening time.
As a public footpath runs though the site access is presumably anytime, but I'm not too sure of the off site / roadside parking, which I believe is non existent !
dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
23 Feb 2009 9:39PM
I can get to Welling at 08:19 according to this 'ere journey planner...
Juliee 8 382 4 England
25 Feb 2009 10:15AM
Btw, this meet should really be titled,
'Jeff goes digital @ Bodiam Castle!'

Maybe the rest of us should all take film Wink
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
25 Feb 2009 11:55AM

Quote:Btw, this meet should really be titled,
'Jeff goes digital @ Bodiam Castle!'

Maybe the date should be changed to 1st April ! !

I'll even buy a round in the pub afterwards if anyone wishes to stay on for a while and show me how to "play back" my day's efforts Wink
27 Feb 2009 11:36AM

Quote:Maybe the rest of us should all take film

A re-run of last summers 'One Camera, One Lens' challenges? That was great fun (except for the sunburn I got in Brighton... Wink)
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
5 Mar 2009 1:43PM
Anyone else interested in coming along for a few hours photography at this well known / photographed location in East Sussex ?

Just keeping my fingers crossed there will be some good light for some great images with my new camera & lens Wink

Jeff
alfpics 12 357 England
5 Mar 2009 7:51PM
I am interested, but not able to commit myself to it at this stage - would be great to re-visit Bodiam Castle!

Andy
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
10 Mar 2009 5:40PM
Just checking in to remind everyone of this meet on Saturday, please do drop a note here / PM me if you have any questions or add you name on the Meet Diary Page if you want to come along. ( link at the top of this topic)

As I have mentioned the times are really quite flexible, come & go as you wish, but I'll be at the Tea Room / Shop by the entrance at 10:30.

I've been out with my new camera & lens a couple of times so hopefully will not have my head buried in the manual all day Smile

I'll be popping into the pub opposite afterwards so you will be most welcome to join me if you wish.
14 Mar 2009 7:19PM
Just got back, from a great day! Weather was kind to us - especially in the afternoon, and a fun time was had by all.

BTW, guys and girls - the meeting next week is at Eagle Heights, but there doesn't seem to be a forum thread for it... I knew something was on next week!
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
14 Mar 2009 7:33PM
Thank you everyone for turning up and I do apologies for the hassle you had with form filling and sincerely hope it it not spoil the day too much Sad

Still a bit stressful for me with this new gadget I've got... hope it met with your approval and that I've made the right choice Wink

Just about to upload the images form the Card and hopefuly post one tonight ... just to prove to the doubters that I did actually have a card in the camera Smile

See you all in a few of weeks, 4th April at Hever Castle

Jeff
Juliee 8 382 4 England
15 Mar 2009 9:16AM
Yes it was nice day. A very leisurely meet compared to some of the others I've been to! No marching up and down hills or sunburn!
Good to see Jeff and Darren again and to meet Sarah, Trevor, Mark and Ray. (and Jeffs' new camera!)
I think I may have a few pictures of ducks to send the NT Wink

Thanks Jeff.

Julie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.