Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Bonusprint

Quick vote here..Who uses bonusprint?
I'm just curious....

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jimalcock e2
11 29
27 Apr 2004 7:45AM
I had a couple of hundred prints from my honeymoon done via Bonusprints online facility. Overall I had no complaints, they were fast, sharp, good colour and very cheap. I however, got some other prints done a few weeks later and they had overcropped (or cropped incorrectly)quite badly. Several people on this forum were recommending Photobox, so I gave them a try recently with a hundred or so prints, they were more expensive, although the more you have done, the cheaper they become, quality was superb (they also do a matt finish),ordered late Friday afternoon and they were delivered Tuesday morning.
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
27 Apr 2004 8:42AM
I used to, when I was not quite as fussy about the quality of my photos (down to naivity). When I used to come back from hols with loads of films, skint, they were great for cheap prints and cheap copies for family and friends [you know the sort - they laugh at you and tease because you are always taking photos, but they want your copies Smile ]

I sent them my honeymoon photos in 1999 and they lost them - found them somewhere in a corner 3 months later!!
They were very slow last year to and I had to do a lot of stamping round and snarling till I got my photos back.
So - now I dont use them or their sister companies who all hail from same depot. Another good reason for getting a digital camera - I dont have quite so many photos to develop now.
ATB - Jeanie Smile
bayesp e2
12 292
27 Apr 2004 1:04PM
We stopped using them as they were un reliable.

We now use Snappy Snaps. Never had a problm.
I haven't had a single problem with bonusprint myself, and their 1st class service, which costs about 5 for 7x5 prints, usually has a turnaround of about 3 days.
Hmm..maybe I'm ignorant about quality but I think they're very good
27 Apr 2004 2:24PM
I have used them for years without any complaint concerning quality, price and performance.

Dave
adamburton e2
11 627 11 United Kingdom
27 Apr 2004 2:55PM
i used them a few times for my negatives. but then, after taking a whole role of film of my girlfriend, i was dismayed when 12 (out of 36) prints came back with magic marker size black marks drawn across the middle of each photo. it was quite clear that this was not a mark from a machine, but a mark that somebody had physically drawn onto each shot. it was quite concerning as the subject was my girlfriend - it looked as if somebody was purposefully crossing through her photo.

anyway, i returned them to bonusprint with a letter of complaint and included some samples. they took about 3 weeks to reply, at which point they just said that these photos were crossed through to be reprinted. they didnt apologise and didnt offer me a free film or anything, apart from saying that if i returned the negatives that they would reprint the dodgy ones.

i decided not to bother sending them back and have since decided to not bother with them.

adam.
KatieR e2
10 6.2k 6
27 Apr 2004 3:10PM
I have not sent a film away for about ten years - the last time the York laboratories lost one of mine (and this was not the first time). I am loathed to start sending them away this again, but am going to have to to save money. Maybe I'll try bonusprint.
in my experience bonusprint are far more reliable than boots, for instance, ie I've never had a film go missing..I've had that thing of them drawing on my photos but only because they were ***** underexposed ones anyway. ..Boots on the other hand..twice lost my film and once they just properly screwed it up. hmm
27 Apr 2004 5:38PM
Boots? No problems - not since stopped processing on site. Last 20 years OK.

jas
27 Apr 2004 6:34PM
I've never used Bonusprint, but friends did and I vowed never to use them when I saw the quality of the prints, Sunny days looked like a foggy mist had covered everything.

Boots are very variable. Sometimes OK but some reprints were soo soft and covered in dust marks.

Nowadays I use my local Tesco for film prints, been very satisfied and even when they cocked up on one set, they re printed them without hesitation and at no cost.

For Digital I use Photobox. After 30 years doing large prints from film I had a 30" x 20" poster done of one of my shots with a Canon 10D and was blown away by the print.

Their free web space for storing pictures is also very handy. I put up my family pics and email them with the details and then they can order prints direct. Saves everyone badgering me for copies and then getting pissed off when I ask them to pay for them.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
27 Apr 2004 8:36PM
I've found Bonuprint very reliable. There on-line digital upload is easy to use, price is reasonable compared with 35mm prints and the service is quick
laura16 e2
11 605
28 Apr 2004 7:50PM
I use them all the time now and can't complain, plus they do a matt finish for no extra charge which I like.I've tried nearly all the other mail-order ones and found these the best for me.I've had terrible ones from Boots and the local 'camera centre'.I suppose it depends how picky you are and how much you know about it!
i think they've improved a lot recently since they started using digital image enhancements..but then I s'pose many purists would want none of that
One thing I've just realised from doing a lot of negative scanning (of films processed at bonusprint) is that they are very good at restoring under/overexposed photos. This is good, but the problem is it has made me rather lazy about correct exposure. Hm

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.