Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Boxing

charty Junior Member 3 7 United Kingdom
16 Aug 2012 2:27PM
Any tips for shooting boxing? settings, position etc
Thanks!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

danh 4 61 36 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 9:08PM
Only done it once, a while ago.

If you can use flash (probably very unlikely) remember that the ropes may not obscure your lens, but can obscure your flash.

Shoot from low down.

Otherwise, high ISO, manual settings, get the fastest shutter speed you can. Don't try to anticipate the action until you really get good at it, you might just have to trust to luck to start with. Take wipes/towels to get the blood, snot and sweat off you and your kit.

Sorry I don't know much more that I can help you with.
danbrann e2
10 497 15
28 Aug 2012 4:55PM
Your lighting conditions will change a lot depending on the venue and whether it is amateur or pro boxing.The best lighting is with pro boxing which is being televised.Generally you will get 250th sec @f4.using a bit of fill in flash will lighten up the eye and shadow areas.I have never been asked not to use flash.
You need to be ringside with your camera through the ropes but be careful the ropes do not interfere with your flash gun. Remember to move back slightly whenever a boxer moves back on t the ropes. It can be very painful otherwise.

It may be that you will just have to use a fast lens and high ISO if you cannot sort your flash settings. Don't worry about a bit of noise.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.