Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Boxing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    charty
    charty Junior Member 3 United Kingdom
    16 Aug 2012 - 2:27 PM

Any tips for shooting boxing? settings, position etc
    Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Aug 2012 - 2:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

danh
    danh  461 forum posts United Kingdom36 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2012 - 9:08 PM

Only done it once, a while ago.

If you can use flash (probably very unlikely) remember that the ropes may not obscure your lens, but can obscure your flash.

Shoot from low down.

Otherwise, high ISO, manual settings, get the fastest shutter speed you can. Don't try to anticipate the action until you really get good at it, you might just have to trust to luck to start with. Take wipes/towels to get the blood, snot and sweat off you and your kit.

Sorry I don't know much more that I can help you with.

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9472 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 4:55 PM

Your lighting conditions will change a lot depending on the venue and whether it is amateur or pro boxing.The best lighting is with pro boxing which is being televised.Generally you will get 250th sec @f4.using a bit of fill in flash will lighten up the eye and shadow areas.I have never been asked not to use flash.
    You need to be ringside with your camera through the ropes but be careful the ropes do not interfere with your flash gun. Remember to move back slightly whenever a boxer moves back on t the ropes. It can be very painful otherwise.

It may be that you will just have to use a fast lens and high ISO if you cannot sort your flash settings. Don't worry about a bit of noise.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.