Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Boxing Event Contract Advice

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

779HOB
779HOB  21031 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Nov 2012 - 8:01 AM

Quote: Thats why I am a professional event photographer and have to know how if it is possible to make money from different events, I have explained how and of all the guys I know doing these that is the way they work.

Don't doubt any of that. How much would you charge for the disk of images for each fighter? I visited an events photo companies site the other day, they'd been taking photos at an event I was at, different client same event. They had an interesting site and seemed to be offering photos printed on just about everything, mouse mats, mugs..... prints too. They also were offering for something like 7 the option to download a image file so you could print your own. Thought that was not a bad option as most people seem to want to print their own or put the photo on FB and such.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Nov 2012 - 8:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

danh
danh  461 forum posts United Kingdom36 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 1:29 PM

Quote: CRB issues, nonsense, totally not relevant.

So, having previously been accredited to photograph under-16s boxing by my local paper, having all the media clearances in place, and the permission of the boxing clubs concerned, the ABA referee denying me access (on the night) due to my not having an ABA-arranged CRB check is "nonsense" and "not relevant" is it?

I'm glad you're able to put me right in such a professional and respectful way.

I know better for the future. Thanks.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2012 - 7:29 PM

CRB is to protect the employer, not the employee. Easily forgotten. Smile

mikeweeks
mikeweeks  9954 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
23 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM

The referee obviously has no understanding of who needs a CRB check and for what. At no time should you be left alone with under age or at risk individuals on a regular basis - that is what a CRB check is for and the ABA referee should realise that it would apply to them and trainers but not somebody that just happens to be there on the night to photograph them, it is not as if you were going to be doing personal portraits in the changing room. That is why it is not relevant, however like schools that incorrectly apply such rules if the person in charge says that's the way it is you will have issues.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.