Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Boxing portraits

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2011 - 6:36 PM

I'm having a go at something a bit different next week. A female friend of mine trains at a boxing gym and is also a kick boxer, cyclist and all round general fitness nut.
    I'm going up to her gym next week to take some photographs of her working out and generally posing. Also have a couple of male boxers who want their photographs taken as well. I've been researching images that I like and so has she, but wondered if anyone on hear knows of any work that I can look at for inspriation, or anyone on here has done this before? We can use any area of the gym and I'm taking up my strobes & brollies to do some lighting as well as window light.

Anyway, completely new to me and I'm looking forward to it, nice afternoon with a friend and no pressure.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Apr 2011 - 6:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85862 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2011 - 7:47 PM

I am sure it will a success Sarah.
    You do seem to adapt to most disciplinesWink

Adrian

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    1 May 2011 - 9:52 AM

Thanks Adrian.

User_Removed
    1 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

This week's AP has a feature on a Chinese (?) photographer who won the top amateur honour last year. One of the examples of his work is a superb shot of a boxing bout with the sweat droplets springing from one guy's face as a punch lands.

whipspeed
    1 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thank you, I'll pop in & get a copy in town later.

photoshack
    1 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

treat it as studio work.window light is good for portraits of the girls.side and above for male portraits.
    black and white i think gives a better feel to the images
    bag work is a good position to be in stand behind the bag.let them work the bag you get close up and good expresion.125@f8 works well.
    take baby oil and a mist spray of water.the water droplets float on the skin.
    do body parts close up of taped hands,tattoos and arms. if your friend has a good midriff a shot above her shorts and below her sports bra with water droplets works well same for her back.
    a white dressing gown or towel round the neck for a close up of the face it also bounces the light back into the face and gives it a lift.
    de focus any distracting backgrounds .skipping rope work is good get the feet off the floor and the rope in the air and cross overs.
    put a long lens on stand back and look for candids they are sometimes the best shots
    above all have fun.you can allways go back and do stuff again.boxers love having there pics taken no one will stop you from doing anything you tell them they love it

whipspeed
    1 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the advice, very helpful. I will be taking that with me as well.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.