Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bravo to this Pakistani Family

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2011 - 6:34 PM

Bravo to this Pakistani Family who defies tradition by NOT killing their own daughter.
    To read more, please read here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2011 - 6:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315547 forum posts England
    29 Sep 2011 - 7:11 PM

Seriously, you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter? In the civilised world, that's just normal.

keith selmes
    29 Sep 2011 - 7:39 PM

Quote: you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter?

Absolutely yes.

kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2011 - 8:02 PM

Quote: Seriously, you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter? In the civilised world, that's just normal.

I say Bravo to them because they defied their stupid tradition which is barbaric.

KBan
    KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2011 - 8:48 PM

Barbaric tradition !!!!

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315547 forum posts England
    30 Sep 2011 - 10:50 AM

Rather than praising one family who refuse to do this, I would prefer to see wholesale condemnation of those that do.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2011 - 11:30 AM

In one

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2011 - 12:30 PM

The laws of Pakistan which permit murder are also at fault. The matter could be rectified with a few lines of legislation but one assumes there is no political will to do this.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2011 - 12:46 PM

I'm not sure how any government, anywhere, can think that the gang rape of a young girl is her fault and she deserves to be murdered. How is this right in anyone's mind, those that attack this family are just bad as the rapists?!

mikehit
    mikehit  46107 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Sep 2011 - 12:52 PM

I don't think the government do believe that. The problem is that most of the population is uneducated, and even many of the educated ones are fiercely traditional. Any government who tries to act against such traditions will not be in power very long. So as CB says, there is no political will.

miked70
    miked70  5225 forum posts South Africa3 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Oct 2011 - 5:23 AM

bit like the thinking in my country that taking a shower will get rid of Aids and that was said buy one of our boys in the capital,no i did not vote him in

MeanGreeny
    1 Oct 2011 - 4:46 PM

Quote: The laws of Pakistan which permit murder are also at fault. The matter could be rectified with a few lines of legislation but one assumes there is no political will to do this.

Anyone who tried to move forward on this would probably be murdered.

gcarth
    gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2011 - 3:46 PM

Quote: I say Bravo to them because they defied their stupid tradition which is barbaric.

I think we should say Bravo to the girl and her family for their determination to pursue justice through the courts.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85836 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2011 - 9:40 PM

There is no political will, to do anything in most Asian/African countries

In a nutshell they are still barbaric in their attitude to modern society!
    Why?
    I have no idea.
    They have some very intelligent people in their hierarchy, but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages.

They have no respect for human or animal life at all.
    Is life so cheap in these countries?
    I guess it still isSad

gcarth
    gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2011 - 8:39 PM

Quote: There is no political will, to do anything in most Asian/African countries

In a nutshell they are still barbaric in their attitude to modern society!
    Why?
    I have no idea.
    They have some very intelligent people in their hierarchy, but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages.

Is life so cheap in these countries?
    I guess it still isSad

I would say the same about our so-called civilized Western nations: I think it is pretty barbaric to invade other nations and indiscriminately drop bombs on civilians.
    I think there some very intelligent people in our Western hierarchy but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages (i.e. they start wars of aggression).
    You see, I can see parallels to each of your criticisms of African/Asian countries in "our own backyard"...
    Sad

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.