Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Bravo to this Pakistani Family


kombizz 9 591 1 United States
29 Sep 2011 6:34PM
Bravo to this Pakistani Family who defies tradition by NOT killing their own daughter.
To read more, please read here .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
29 Sep 2011 7:11PM
Seriously, you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter? In the civilised world, that's just normal.
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2011 7:39PM

Quote:you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter?
Absolutely yes.
kombizz 9 591 1 United States
29 Sep 2011 8:02PM

Quote:Seriously, you think someone should be praised for not killing their daughter? In the civilised world, that's just normal.

I say Bravo to them because they defied their stupid tradition which is barbaric.
KBan 9 468 4 England
29 Sep 2011 8:48PM
Barbaric tradition !!!!
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
30 Sep 2011 10:50AM
Rather than praising one family who refuse to do this, I would prefer to see wholesale condemnation of those that do.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2011 11:30AM
In one
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
30 Sep 2011 12:30PM
The laws of Pakistan which permit murder are also at fault. The matter could be rectified with a few lines of legislation but one assumes there is no political will to do this.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2011 12:46PM
I'm not sure how any government, anywhere, can think that the gang rape of a young girl is her fault and she deserves to be murdered. How is this right in anyone's mind, those that attack this family are just bad as the rapists?!
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2011 12:52PM
I don't think the government do believe that. The problem is that most of the population is uneducated, and even many of the educated ones are fiercely traditional. Any government who tries to act against such traditions will not be in power very long. So as CB says, there is no political will.
miked70 5 225 3 South Africa
1 Oct 2011 5:23AM
bit like the thinking in my country that taking a shower will get rid of Aids and that was said buy one of our boys in the capital,no i did not vote him in
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
1 Oct 2011 4:46PM

Quote:The laws of Pakistan which permit murder are also at fault. The matter could be rectified with a few lines of legislation but one assumes there is no political will to do this.


Anyone who tried to move forward on this would probably be murdered.
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2011 3:46PM

Quote:I say Bravo to them because they defied their stupid tradition which is barbaric.
I think we should say Bravo to the girl and her family for their determination to pursue justice through the courts.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
5 Oct 2011 9:40PM
There is no political will, to do anything in most Asian/African countries

In a nutshell they are still barbaric in their attitude to modern society!
Why?
I have no idea.
They have some very intelligent people in their hierarchy, but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages.

They have no respect for human or animal life at all.
Is life so cheap in these countries?
I guess it still isSad
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2011 8:39PM

Quote:There is no political will, to do anything in most Asian/African countries

In a nutshell they are still barbaric in their attitude to modern society!
Why?
I have no idea.
They have some very intelligent people in their hierarchy, but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages.

They have no respect for human or animal life at all.
Is life so cheap in these countries?
I guess it still isSad

I would say the same about our so-called civilized Western nations: I think it is pretty barbaric to invade other nations and indiscriminately drop bombs on civilians.
I think there some very intelligent people in our Western hierarchy but the vast majority are still living in the dark ages (i.e. they start wars of aggression).
They have no respect for human or animal life at all.
You see, I can see parallels to each of your criticisms of African/Asian countries in "our own backyard"...
Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.