Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Brean places to go nearby?

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
24 Aug 2011 8:36AM
We are hoping to go camping for a few days next week for my birthday in Brean if the weather permits that is.

Can anyone recommend and locations nearby worth a visit with the camera and also places to go with the kids? (19months and 4 yrs)

Hope to go to Cheddar for a day and will have a wonder on the Down if the foot holds out.

Tripod or Monopod for the caves? I'm thinking mono to save tripping anyone up.

Thanks all

Stu

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

24 Aug 2011 9:10AM
Or is Brean not a great place to go for a few days? Reason I ask is I'm starting to hear bad things about the area?
min 3 519 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2011 9:20AM
not sure about Brean but Watersmeet near Lynmouth Exmoor is a stunning place to visit with a camera Grin
maggie
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
24 Aug 2011 1:31PM
Birmingham on Sea eh as it's known to the locals Grin

Don't really know what you'd be interested in but they're are plenty of attractions in the local area. Try doing a search for Puxton Park nr Weston Super Mare. There's also Noah's Ark nr Clevedon that's two places that should keep the kids happy and both places within 30mins drive of Brean.

Ade
24 Aug 2011 4:24PM

Quote:Birmingham on Sea eh as it's known to the locals Grin

Yeah a few friends have said the same, plus a few other names I can't repeat here. So we have decided to go elsewhere as we prefer a place with a good rep, just looking on UKCampsite now Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
24 Aug 2011 5:10PM
There's a couple of very reputable campsites nr Cheddar if you still wish to come down this way, although I'm buggered if I can remember the name of them......I think Cheddar would make a much nice place to use as a base, not so rowdy and rough as Brean.

Ade

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.