Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Brides on a Budget! Insulting?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014844 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2013 - 9:23 PM

if you could bill the exact time spent on a wedding at commercial photography rates, you may well be charging a good few grand

weddings are a bargain for what you get

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Oct 2013 - 9:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2013 - 11:10 PM

Its a subject which has been done to death and sadly Lucian , you yourself are one of those responsible for creating the cheap wedding photography snowball. It was you who decided to throw a net of cheap photography websites out there with at best average photos at the cheapest possible prices some time back and for a while it worked for you, now it isn't, and you are here crying about it ? Grow a pair.

scottishphototours

Quote: Its a subject which has been done to death and sadly Lucian , you yourself are one of those responsible for creating the cheap wedding photography snowball. It was you who decided to throw a net of cheap photography websites out there with at best average photos at the cheapest possible prices some time back and for a while it worked for you, now it isn't, and you are here crying about it ? Grow a pair.

Applause...and lots of it... Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014844 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Oct 2013 - 11:43 PM

so the big question has to be....

who is Lucian - really... come on, it's got to be someone from the past, a removed member with a new ID who's back to stir things up....

or is it Pete throwing the occasional match into the fireworks box?

let the conspiracy theory begin!

Wink

thewilliam
15 Oct 2013 - 11:51 PM

Ade, you might as well ask about the true identity of Derek Pye, the world's greatest living wedding photographer!

RavenTepes
16 Oct 2013 - 6:17 AM

I've done a few weddings now, and not long ago, I responded to a couple who put out an advert on Craigslist trying to find someone who could do their wedding for fairly cheap since they ran over-budget. They didn't care if it were an amateur, student, or even a "pro" willing to do the work, but I met with them regardless, and decided to take the job. They were a nice couple, and they needed a bit of help. Honestly, up until the day of the wedding, I wasn't even expecting to even get paid for it. After all the work was done though, they were completely amazed and delighted with the quality I gave them. We worked out a payment schedule, since they were low on money, mostly because, whilst I wasn't expecting payment originally, I wasn't all that concerned about when they got it to me, if at all. But it turned out to be about a 300 quid project for me.

ade_mcfade
16 Oct 2013 - 8:31 AM

Quote: Ade, you might as well ask about the true identity of Derek Pye, the world's greatest living wedding photographer!

.....no, surey not....

one and the same?????!!!!!

Wink

KevSB
KevSB  101410 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2013 - 8:43 AM

My bet is on Pete and the team with the matches

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
16 Oct 2013 - 9:59 AM

There are clearly quite different markeplaces for different price ranges. I don't think that it is insulting for a bride (or, more likely, the bride's father) to want a service that matches the budget.

A good friend of mine selects his own marketplace. He never goes to those odious "wedding fairs" or advertises in cheap local newspapers. He does all his marketing in conjunction with the most exclusive wedding venues in the area. His rationale is that if 30,000 is being spent on a wedding, then 2000 for photography is a reasonable proportion. 100 weddings a year at that price provides a decent income after expenses and assistants' wages.

Of course he has to provide the very finest quality of photography and service - but that is what he does supremely well (as a long string of SWPP awards testify).

andymcdonald
16 Oct 2013 - 8:33 PM

Quote: Ade, you might as well ask about the true identity of Derek Pye, the world's greatest living wedding photographer!

Grin

I'd never heard of Derek Pye before - thanks, I needed a laugh

Andy

ade_mcfade
17 Oct 2013 - 10:32 AM

Derek's site's been updated.... very very cool Wink Love his "celebrity wedding" photo, Fred west.... hmmmm Wink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2013 - 3:46 PM

Its one of the best laughs i have had for a while too, some real truth in some of it unfortunately aswell Wink

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2013 - 4:44 PM

.....no, surey not....

one and the same?????!!!!!

Wink

Well I do see some similarity with their respective wedding photos......... Wink

ade_mcfade
17 Oct 2013 - 5:12 PM

I've done this a few times....

Quote:
The Circle of Confusion - This refers to any group of hobbyist prosumers at a wedding. You should attempt to create a Circle of Confusion as often as possible. The easiest way to do this is to set up any shot which the hobbyists consider an exciting photo opportunity, the signing of the register for example, against a window. Any prosumer will freak out when programme mode fails to cope with the backlighting. The resulting fuss is a Circle of Confusion. This is for the photographers amusement only.

taken from the Derek Pye Rules blog post....

Tend to pose people with their backs to the sun so they're not squinting.... which results Uncle Bob getting silhouettes in many cases Wink

riddell
riddell  1058 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Oct 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm not insulted by brides on a budget, but I am highly insulted that they think that they will get anything even close to the quality of the work I produce from your average 200.00 photographer.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.