Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Bridge Camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MarkBroughton
    13 Apr 2010 - 1:23 PM

Hi, a work colleague has asked me if I know anything about bridge cameras, which I dont. He is looking for a Bridge camera for about 180-200 max. Does anyone know if you can get a good one for about that price range, and if not, can anyone suggest a decent lumix compact for that price range as I am pretty clueless about specs of these types of camera. Any help from you knowledgable folk would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Mark

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Apr 2010 - 1:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chant57
    Chant57 e2 Member 8365 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2010 - 1:46 PM

I used to use a Panasonic Lumix FZ30 before I went down the DSLR route, and its a lovely bridge camera. Your friend could pick up one of those second hand well within his budget. 8mp, Leica branded 12 x optical lens, image stabilisation, can shoot RAW as well as Tiff and jpeg, about the size of a small DSLR. The only problem I found with it was noise, iso 80- 200 was fine, 400 was what I considered to be very noisy. The model was superceded by the FZ50 and apparently for that model Panasonic supposedly rectified the noise issues that FZ30 owners complained about. Not sure if the FZ50 will be in your friends price range.
    Im sure there are probably better bridge cameras out there, and I can only speak from my own experience with the FZ30.
    Hope thats helped a little
    Chant

MarkBroughton
    13 Apr 2010 - 1:49 PM

Certainly does help, thanks for your reply Smile

RogBrown
    RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2010 - 2:01 PM

I used to have an FZ30 too & can't speak too highly of it. The early stuff in my pf was taken with it if you want to check out the quality.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 83464 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    13 Apr 2010 - 2:11 PM

Quote: I used to use a Panasonic Lumix FZ30

I still have one of these...after seeing one go for 140 on ebay recently I keep thinking I will sell mine.

It not only comes with all boxes, spare battery etc. but also with a genuine Panasonic/Lumix teleconverter which was especially designed for the FZ30 and gives a total focal length of over 700mm....the converter alone cost me 150.

If you fancy looking, the puffin shots...2 seperate pictures on my pf. were taken with this camera.

...this is one of them...... http://www.ephotozine.com/u31783/gallery/445944

.....Mike

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 83464 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    13 Apr 2010 - 2:14 PM

Ah yes Rog...as I recall you got better pictures than me.

...as a matter of fact ...you still do....must be the beer Rog.

....Mike

RogBrown
    RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2010 - 3:50 PM

Quote: Ah yes Rog...as I recall you got better pictures than me.

...as a matter of fact ...you still do....must be the beer Rog.

....Mike

Lol Mike - try a few yourself! Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.