Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

British Gas

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315379 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2013 - 11:28 PM

Quote: I've just fixed my dual fuel tariff until dec 2017 and my monthly payments have dropped substantially

Double check every minor detail.

Similar happened to me a few years ago, turned out they had made a mistake and had under charged me for a number of years.

At first they tried to get me to repay the full amount but it ended up being just for the final year, still a pretty hefty debt though.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Oct 2013 - 11:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Evertonian
27 Oct 2013 - 7:23 AM

Quote: I've just fixed my dual fuel tariff until dec 2017 and my monthly payments have dropped substantially

You cannot accurately assess the value of changing unless you base the calculations on energy used rather than then forecast costs. The money then can be applied to your consumption.

If somebody just says your monthly outlay will be less, you may find it is insufficient to cover your annual costs and you may end up paying more than you did originally. Base everything on consumption.

Doing that I ended up with a slight increase and 1% is neither here nor there until the year end when you see how much energy you have used.

The usage is also weather dependent so you should keep records of each year on your PC and try to associate this years temperature forecasts with what appears to be a similar year. You can do nothing more unless you either have a crystal ball or are prepared to 'spreadsheet' - daily cost - cost of primary units - costs of secondary units. If you have a tariff which involves night units, check the times when the cheaper rate applies. Anybody can (and a lot used to) show you a quotation where there are 12 hours of night rate, when in fact you will have only 10. This makes your calculated cost look less of course.

Unless you have done it professionally in industry, where tariffs vary so much , it is a minefield.

Last Modified By Evertonian at 27 Oct 2013 - 7:24 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.