Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Browned off and confused!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Rawmazz
    Rawmazz  141 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Jan 2013 - 7:54 PM

For a number of weeks now my website has had poor function. Details as follows:

1.Link not working.
    2. Maintenance being carried out.
    3. Updates not taking place.
    4. Unable to access advanced settings...The list goes on.

I've had people message me on twitter, facebook and LinkedIn to say my site isn't working. Therefore I'm thinking of changing to foliopic. I would like the following functions:

1.Guestbook page.
    2.Blogpage.
    3.Slideshow for header and image gallerys
    4. Ability to sell via paypal- Me being in control of printing, rather than them printing and taking a commission.
    5.Social network sharing buttons
    6.Fully customised templates.
    7.Right click disabled function, because I don't want to watermark everything.
    8. Twitter links for sharing blog etc.
    9 RSS feed for those who want to subscribe.

And probably a lot more. can anyone advise me whether all these things are available. I've checked the site out and some things seems to be there. I'm not sure about how the sales are made ie. printing when someone orders,or the social networking buttons. Any response would be helpful. Finally, I don't want to use smugmug because there seems to be no way of removing the smugmug brand from the site. Zenfolio seem to want a commision for sales, or do I have that wrong?

I'd want to use my own domain name too!

Last Modified By Rawmazz at 6 Jan 2013 - 7:57 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jan 2013 - 7:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

Photium offer all of this.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2013 - 9:26 PM

Foliopic does all of those I think. Why not use the 14day free trial and see if it meets your needs.
    No need to hand over any credit card details for the free trial.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2013 - 10:47 PM

I use Photium and really like it.
    As well as right-click disable, it allows you to create a movable watermark as a further option.
    Very helpful and prompt customer service for any admin problems you come across too.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jan 2013 - 8:45 AM

I wouldn't worry about the right click option to much, it's useful, but if someone really wanted to copy an image they'd just do a screen grab and crop the grab to the necessary size. If you post your images to the web, then I'm afraid to say be prepared for someone to steal them! A watermark is a better option, but even this can be worked around if the offender is relatively computer savvy! The short and tall of it is, if you don't want your best images stolen or used elsewhere, don't post then to the net! Either than or keep all your RAW file data, so that if you do have a problem you can prove the images were taken by you in a court of law.

Ade Sad

Rawmazz
    Rawmazz  141 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Jan 2013 - 7:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies. So many options available these days. Foliopic and Photium seem like good options. Slight price difference. I suppose it all comes down to templates now!

Last Modified By Rawmazz at 7 Jan 2013 - 7:47 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.