Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Browser wars, which is fastest?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    10 Sep 2012 - 6:14 PM

Mac getting slaughtered by Windows - "So OSX is really just a LOT slower than Win7 generally for web browsing on the identical hardware. Is that right? - Nearly every performance benchmark there is points in that direction. This probably has a lot to do with how much time developers spend optimizing for Windows - after all, Windows holds 90+% of the desktop user base. However, it is interesting that the rift between Windows and OS X is far greater than between Windows and Linux for the core stuff like JS, CSS, DOM, page loads, etc. Plug-ins are another story, they're always much better on Windows than the other two platforms."

Chrome very strong on both platforms according to latest in depth Tom's Hardware Tests

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Sep 2012 - 6:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    10 Sep 2012 - 6:17 PM

Chrome all the way.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Sep 2012 - 6:17 PM

Chrome

User_Removed
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:10 PM

I don't have any way of objectively measuring the "speed" of the various browsers but, in terms of reliability and security, Firefox and Chrome seem to be the ones getting the best reviews.

But, thinking about "speed", don't forget that the apparent speed of an online session is likely to be dictated by the speed and loading of the server you are accessing and also by the speed and loading of your broadband connection. I doubt if the browser itself contributes more than a very small part of the overall "speed" experience.

robthecamman
    10 Sep 2012 - 7:27 PM

so long as it does its job not bothered

elconguero
    13 Sep 2012 - 9:09 PM

I use Chrome or FF - mostly for their developer tools, but find chrome to be the faster of the two, whether on my mac or pc.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.