Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

brushes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    28 Mar 2012 - 4:46 PM

Hi

I make my own brushes in PS and they show up in the brush pallete but i want to use them on my laptop. They're not in my PS folder for brushes?

Can anyone help?

thanks Dianne

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Mar 2012 - 4:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2012 - 6:02 PM

I assume you have Photoshop on both machines, and that the brushes work correctly on your PC.
    When you say they don't show in the folder do you mean the one on the PC or the laptop. If it's on the PC you need to find which folder they've been saved in. Do a search for files with the .abr and when you find that folder copy the custom brushes within across to your Laptop in the same folder and the laptop version of Photoshop should see them.

User_Removed
    28 Mar 2012 - 6:18 PM

Thanks Pete, I have PS on both and my brushes are ok, I just want to take them away with me. I'll do a search. Didn't think of that. :O)

My friend said you can save them individually by clicking on the bottom button on the menu straight from the brush palette. Not had chance to try this yet either.

thanks again for taking the time. Dianne

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2012 - 6:30 PM

Yes that's another way, open the brushes that you want to save and save them to your desktop. The originals will still be save in their original folder.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.