Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Buddy lists..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 4:05 PM

eek - its starting to sound a bit complex....

even simpler then....

Nick creates 4 groups/meetings for "June 200"

Critique Buddies June 2009 - 1
Critique Buddies June 2009 - 2
Critique Buddies June 2009 - 3
Critique Buddies June 2009 - 4

We just go to those groups and join whichever we like - when one gets to 8 (say) members, it's closed...

At the start of July, nick then creates 4 new meetings

Critique Buddies July 2009 - 1
Critique Buddies July 2009 - 2
Critique Buddies July 2009 - 3
Critique Buddies July 2009 - 4

And we can then choose whichever group to join

As for what people do... well there's a discussion area at the bottom of each meeting home page, so just chat amongst yourselves and decide.

More rules = less likelyhood of participation, due to disagreements and misunderstandings

don't know if it could be any more simple that what I've suggested... if it could be, lets hear it Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Jun 2009 - 4:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Picture_Newport

Quote: More rules = less likelyhood of participation, due to disagreements and misunderstandings

I would say No Rules = More disagreements and misunderstandings.

camay
camay  7120 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 4:12 PM

I'd like to join in too, very much a learner, but crits are a good way to learn.
Lilian

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 4:19 PM

I'd like to join too please but I need to warn you, I am totally confused and not sure exactly what it is I want to join.

When someone settles on the rules, can you write it out VERY simply for me please Grin

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 4:22 PM

ill second that, thats why im still listening,

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 4:30 PM

Quote: I would say No Rules = More disagreements and misunderstandings

Could be argued either way - but this is a happy thread so lets just say we're both right and move on eh Wink

My point was that people are less likely to join something that seems pretty complex and rule laden than something simple.

we know that from our Ecommerce platforms at work - we've had fairly simple "signup" procedures for some products, and more involved ones with more pages and stuff, and guess which have the best uptake through the web channel ?

You've got to remember that people are inherantly lazy, and no more is that true than on the web.

Also - the less work to administer this the better.

Nick has kindly taken the lead, so I was thinking that rather than manage lists himself, if we just set up the groups and allow people to join, that hugely reduces his time on the project.

anyway - nearly home time - HOORAY Smile

Fishnet
19 Jun 2009 - 4:32 PM

I vote for less rules, I don't like it when the internet makes me think.

ade_mcfade
19 Jun 2009 - 4:34 PM

more...

that's a starting point to see if it works - we could then evolve it in future months if we wanted to - maybe instead of groups 1, 2, 3 and 4, we could have groups "birds", "landscape", "Wildlife" and "architecture"

Picture_Newport

Quote: Could be argued either way - but this is a happy thread so lets just say we're both right and move on eh

Fair One Smile

I happy to go with whatever system is finaly decided upon. Should be fun.

Paul

ade_mcfade
19 Jun 2009 - 4:42 PM

cool - the monday night challenge's been going for ages cause that's dead simple Smile

right - home, tea, pub, fall over - in that order !

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73886 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 5:43 PM

OK the list so far:

Nick_w
rowarrior
Pete
Overread
MaryMac
Ahobbs
Reluctant_fish
Coltranekoh
christabella
ade_mcfade
crookymonsta
roxpix
jeanie
looboss
steve_kershaw
Simon_Palmer
NEWMANP
camay
Fishnet

So I don't miss anyone off please can you check thro it - then if you want to join Copy & Paste the list and add your name to the bottom, that way I wont miss anyone.

I don't have much time to organise this so it must be simple. We will also need a list of subjects.

What I will do is create list of 6-8 people - Have it on a monthly theme. Then assign say 3 subjects to be completed in that calander month (that way if you are busy with work you don't miss out). You can only submit one image per subject.

Then the next month juggle the names and subjects.

Just read Ade suggestion, sounds quite good to me, that way it won't be too onorous on me (i've spent 3 of the last 4 weeks away from home with work).

My only concern will people just chose the category there most comfortable with (and stay in their comfort zone) - for me I'm happy for someone to assign me any category.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 19 Jun 2009 - 5:54 PM
chase
chase Critique Team 91118 forum postschase vcard England241 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 5:51 PM

I wouldn't mind joining in..I might learn something & looks like it might give me a shove to step out of my little box Wink
Not sure I have read the rules right though...sure that will be clarified once it gets going.

Quote: Nick_w
rowarrior
Pete
Overread
MaryMac
Ahobbs
Reluctant_fish
Coltranekoh
christabella
ade_mcfade
crookymonsta
roxpix
jeanie
looboss
steve_kershaw
Simon_Palmer
NEWMANP
camay
Fishnet
chase

Hope I have done the copy & paste thingy right Nick...I'm rubbish at that kind of thing !

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73886 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jun 2009 - 6:00 PM

The "rules" are still in a state of flux, I'm happy to start it going, but it must be kept simple so its more likely to keep going. That copy pasty thing seemed to work OK Janet Wink

It could be fun seeing Ade photographing fluffy birds on a stick, and Janet capturing Yorkshireterrier in a dark alley Wink

Last Modified By Nick_w at 19 Jun 2009 - 6:03 PM
Fishnet
19 Jun 2009 - 6:16 PM

I think the subjects should be assigned rather than chosen, that way people get to do things they wouldn't normally and they'll learn more.

ade_mcfade
19 Jun 2009 - 6:19 PM

Quote: I think the subjects should be assigned rather than chosen, that way people get to do things they wouldn't normally and they'll learn more.

yeah - chosen within each group by consensus, or the same subject for ALL groups?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.