Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Building a new website - advice please

20 May 2011 10:32AM
Hi

I know this question has been asked many times by lots of people here. I have done some research on other people websites too. I have spotted two websites are almost the same. Could anyone tell me where they get the template or you think it is designed by same person?

http://www.nc-photography.com/

http://www.tonyfanningphotography.co.uk/

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
20 May 2011 11:42AM
There is a link at the bottom of the second one to netrivet you could try clicking on that for more info on the design!
20 May 2011 12:54PM
Hi csurry, I have tried before but it seem related to blog rather than website design or template.
csurry
12 9.2k 92
20 May 2011 1:30PM
To be honest the first site took that long to load I'd actually steer well clear of copying the design. If I were just browsing I would have quit long before I actually saw the first element of the slideshow!

I think you need to define which elements it is that you like of the sites and then look for a way to emulate those in one of the many portfolio tools on the market, or by getting someone to build it based on your requirements. I suspect that there are some elements of both sites that you may not like as much as whatever first attracted you to them. So it is important to be clear in your own mind specifically what it is that you like about them.
20 May 2011 2:34PM
csurry, thanks for your advice. I will keep that in mind.
20 May 2011 4:42PM
These sites are templates produced by Bludomain.com.
witheye e2
8 190
22 May 2011 10:07PM
try webs.com then have all the fun building your site
24 May 2011 1:47PM
many thanks for more idea

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.