Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Burgled :(

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : You were warned

SteveCharles
12 2.3k 18 England
29 Sep 2007 3:26PM
Well, I had the shine taken off winning the latest RAW challenge yesterday.... got home to find I'd been burgled. Most of my main camera equipment (Nikon D200 & FE cameras, 5 lenses + more), laptop, but worse than that, because cameras are replaceable, they took my wife's engagement ring and antique jewellery left by her late grandmother, which are definitely not replaceable.

Utter ****s.

They left my Mamiya RZ67. probably didn't know what it was...

Steve

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2007 3:31PM
Sorry to hear that Steve - that's real rubbish news.

Quote:Utter ****s.

Indeed!
kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
29 Sep 2007 3:32PM
Bastards!

Sheer and utter scum.
Really feel for you. Tge camera etc, whilst still upsetting is just a bit of kit, but jewellery is very personal. Why do these scum think its their god given right to break into someone elses house to fund their own lifestyles with someone elses hard earned possessions!?

Did the police get any fingerprints or anything?

Hope you have good insurance.

Laura x
kokobrown e2
10 1.9k Scotland
ooops i swore!
culturedcanvas e2
9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
Hopefully it was insured but the other stuff is obviously the worst to lose. At the end of the day don't let the t***ts upset you and the missus .... at least they can't take your memories ...

Dan

EDIT - On the positive side at least you can now buy Canon Wink
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
29 Sep 2007 3:34PM
Steve that's such bad news. Really sorry to hear it. :-( The worst as you say is the loss of the irreplaceable family things that mean so much - cameras etc at least can be replaced although it's sickening to have had them taken. I can really empathise, having been in a similar position myself.

Utter barstewards the lot of 'em.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
29 Sep 2007 3:38PM
sorry to hear that, Steve.
Tandberg e2
11 1.2k 2 England
29 Sep 2007 3:44PM
They want putting in stocks and shamed the scumbags..

The law needs to be tougher on those that break it..
3 Strikes and your out
Ist time community service
2nd time 5 years
3rd time 20 years wi no parole that would shock the bastards

Dave
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
29 Sep 2007 4:22PM

Quote:Ist time community service

Thats a tad soft.....Sad I hear some of the National Grids power lines need cleaning.....And there's nothing to say you have to turn the power off.......Smile

Quote:positive side at least you can now buy Canon

Thats a positive......Sad
SteveCharles
12 2.3k 18 England
29 Sep 2007 4:24PM
Thanks for your words, guys. Yes, we had forensics round this morning dusting the place.

What makes it worse is that I think they may have let themselves in with their own key. We had a new aerial installed last week, along with some neighbours in the same building, and because we were out we left our back door key with the neighbour who organised the work.

I was mostly replacing locks this morning...
Tandberg e2
11 1.2k 2 England
29 Sep 2007 4:34PM
well you wasnt to know what was gonna happen was ya...

Fact is they are scum..
Sell it all cheap it dont matter to them does it
Dave
29 Sep 2007 4:41PM
If I were to ever wake up in the night to the sound of an intruder there's only one way they will be leaving... in a wooden box, Id rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Sorry for your misfortune

Colin
culturedcanvas e2
9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2007 4:46PM

Quote:If I were to ever wake up in the night to the sound of an intruder there's only one way they will be leaving... in a wooden box

Maybe a couple of wooden boxes in my case ... I keep a machete under the bed Smile
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
29 Sep 2007 4:58PM

Quote:Maybe a couple of wooden boxes in my case ... I keep a machete under the bed

It would be hard to use the defence of 'reasonable force' in that instance, Dan. You'd be sent down for murder. Is it worth it?

Steve: sorry to hear about your burglary. Nobody deserves that to happen to them.

It's a shame this thread has brought out EPZ's very own "hang 'em and flog 'em" brigade, though...
Tandberg e2
11 1.2k 2 England
29 Sep 2007 5:19PM

Quote:It's a shame this thread has brought out EPZ's very own "hang 'em and flog 'em" brigade, though

Jools what do you honestly expect.
Folks to feel sorry for someone who breaks into your home and steals your hard earned belongings....And chances are its just to buy drugs with.

Ya know i had my wallet pinched about 10 years ago..More moths in it than money.
But it had stuff that were personnal to me and those items could never ever be replaced.

They could have had the moths and few notes that were in it gladly.

But no they stole it without any concern for my emotions what so ever..
And by that fact if i would have caught them i would have beaten the crap out them.

No second chance i'd have given it them and give it good.
Some folks are down and out,and i accept that these people always have a way out,Not easy i grant that. But to Break in and steal is wrong..

It could have been read this way
Epz member Ste alias munkboy has died in a tragic accident whilst trying to defend his home and family from intruders Thankfully not the case.

But would it be ahh the hang em brigade is out in force..
The answer my friend is no...

People are sick and tired in this country of the baddies and the law being on their side..
Labours tough on crime policy aint working and never will.
Dave