Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Buying a new Nikon

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

thewilliam
9 Aug 2012 - 5:37 PM

The D4X must be on its way! How many pixels do you think it'll have?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Aug 2012 - 5:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62478 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
10 Aug 2012 - 9:23 AM

Before replying to this type of "question" a portfolio visit is often worthwhile http://www.ephotozine.com/user/pinkk-103212
You have a far better grasp of portrait lighting, design, and how to get a sharp image than many photographers with much more advanced equipment than yours.
I am guessing you have access to some type of studio lights and a decent tripod. Am I right?
Do you do any post processing?
The teddy bear shots look a little under exposed - easily brightened in something like free to download Nikon View NX2.
You have not mentioned what lenses you have - possibly something like an 18-55?
I would like you to tell us what equipment and accessories you have, and where you would like to end up in photography.
The reason for asking is something like a D7000 with 18-105 is easily technically better than what you have, but other options, maybe bought second hand, could be much more suitable for both where you are and where you aim to go in photography.

PinkK
PinkK  580 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2012 - 2:21 PM

Quote: Before replying to this type of "question" a portfolio visit is often worthwhile http://www.ephotozine.com/user/pinkk-103212
You have a far better grasp of portrait lighting, design, and how to get a sharp image than many photographers with much more advanced equipment than yours.
I am guessing you have access to some type of studio lights and a decent tripod. Am I right?
Do you do any post processing?
The teddy bear shots look a little under exposed - easily brightened in something like free to download Nikon View NX2.
You have not mentioned what lenses you have - possibly something like an 18-55?
I would like you to tell us what equipment and accessories you have, and where you would like to end up in photography.
The reason for asking is something like a D7000 with 18-105 is easily technically better than what you have, but other options, maybe bought second hand, could be much more suitable for both where you are and where you aim to go in photography.

Thank you Smile I did mention early on in this thread as to which lenses I have...a 18-55mm and a sigma 70-300mm which i rarely ever use. No, I don't have access to a studio, all images are taken in my home and no, I don't have any lighting, simply natural window light. Yes, I do have a tripod, which I use for self portraits but not any of my other portraiture work. I do use PSE9, although I only know the very basics and am still learning, always willing to take on advice when it comes to PS Grin

I went with a d5100 as the combo with the 18-105vr lens was within my budget, the d7000 body alone was more expensive. Also the d5100 had a flip screen and this would help so much with my self portraits.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment SmileSmile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.