Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Buying my first L

ripleysalien 8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2009 7:33AM
Seems to me you have the wide end sorted go for the 24-105 its a smashing lens and if you go walkabout it does enough to take on its own.
Good luck.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sknarberg 6 8
16 Oct 2009 9:43AM
I would definitely go for the 24-70/2,8! I have that lens and it's superb, though not a prime. I've also comparred it to the 24-105/4 which seems somewhat softer and with less contrast. Happy shooting and chees, Steen, Fotograf
G6DDS 5 231 Scotland
30 Oct 2009 4:30AM
Just got a good deal on the 24-105 from ffordes, also noticed the 70-200 f4 at a good price too so added that to the basket.
Should arrive this weekend, cant wait to try them both out.
Phil1958 5 272 4 Wales
31 Oct 2009 12:07AM
Can't comment on the 24-70 as I have never used one but I can comment on the 24-105 and I think it's a cracking lens especially for what I do, weddings - great for the head & shoulder shots without getting into the personal space of your subject and great in low light with the IS on. I was once told that the lens is sweet at f4, at f8 it will cut you in half and I have to agree, it's a very sharp lens. I have had no problem with barrel distortion etc. I also have a 70-300 DO, equally as sharp and also with IS - makes a huge difference at the 300mm end!
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
31 Oct 2009 3:26PM
I think I could live with my 24-105L as my "only" lens if I had to... in fact I've sold two lenses and hardly use the others I've retained since I got it.

You need to be aware that at the extreme 24mm end there is a bit of distortion, but this is very easily corrected in PS etc.... depending on the subject you may not even see it at all.

But it is a sharp lens for sure.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.