Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Buying online - a salutory lesson!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6536 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2008 - 1:30 PM

Hi all

Please pass this on to all and anyone you know! I have (stupidly) tried to buy a Nintendo Wii on-line through a company called Game Star Pro Ltd - price was the best I had seen. Put all my credit card details in etc.

Turns out that Game Star are not a real company, and it is most likely a con to phish details from you. Hook line and sinker! I have cancelled my credit card account, and opened a new one, so hopefully I am ok.

So - if you intend to buy any electronic games / consoles etc this season - DO NOT use Game Star Pro Ltd. Check out this forum link:

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread.jspa?messageID=1140006&tstart=0

Also - if you ever want to check a site out before you use it for the first time - visit this Trading Standards site - it is really useful:

http://www.ukecc.net/sub.asp?id=209

Here endeth the lesson!!! Just beware - I always thought it would never happen to me!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Nov 2008 - 1:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2008 - 1:36 PM

I always check the reputation of a company before I buy anything, if I have never bought anything from them before.

BubbaG2000
    13 Nov 2008 - 1:45 PM

Thanks Nigeyboy. I always have a wee fear when ordering online. I usually stick with my regulars though. Plus I'm not afraid to spend a couple more pounds to go to an actual high street shop! Sad state of affairs really...

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6536 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2008 - 1:55 PM

Stupid of me really! I am normally quite careful with stuff like this - however, i have to say that i was blinded by the price i had seen. Seemed to good to be true, and hey, guess what! . . . .

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2008 - 4:26 PM

Nigeyboy have a look Here

I've bought from this company. Got a Playstation 2 for my little son for 69 last Christmas and bought some games a few months back. ()

jk

Last Modified By jken at 13 Nov 2008 - 4:26 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.