Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Buying online - a salutory lesson!

Nigeyboy e2
6 537 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2008 1:30PM
Hi all

Please pass this on to all and anyone you know! I have (stupidly) tried to buy a Nintendo Wii on-line through a company called Game Star Pro Ltd - price was the best I had seen. Put all my credit card details in etc.

Turns out that Game Star are not a real company, and it is most likely a con to phish details from you. Hook line and sinker! I have cancelled my credit card account, and opened a new one, so hopefully I am ok.

So - if you intend to buy any electronic games / consoles etc this season - DO NOT use Game Star Pro Ltd. Check out this forum link:

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/thread.jspa?messageID=1140006&tstart=0

Also - if you ever want to check a site out before you use it for the first time - visit this Trading Standards site - it is really useful:

http://www.ukecc.net/sub.asp?id=209

Here endeth the lesson!!! Just beware - I always thought it would never happen to me!!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Nov 2008 1:36PM
I always check the reputation of a company before I buy anything, if I have never bought anything from them before.
BubbaG2000 e2
7 767 1
13 Nov 2008 1:45PM
Thanks Nigeyboy. I always have a wee fear when ordering online. I usually stick with my regulars though. Plus I'm not afraid to spend a couple more pounds to go to an actual high street shop! Sad state of affairs really...
Nigeyboy e2
6 537 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2008 1:55PM
Stupid of me really! I am normally quite careful with stuff like this - however, i have to say that i was blinded by the price i had seen. Seemed to good to be true, and hey, guess what! . . . .
13 Nov 2008 4:26PM
Nigeyboy have a look Here

I've bought from this company. Got a Playstation 2 for my little son for 69 last Christmas and bought some games a few months back. ()

jk

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.