Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Buying Willie's Chocolate

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 10:28 PM

I'm as much a foodie as a photographer - anyone who's met me can tell I like my food! Anyway, just been watching Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory on channel4 and just spent 30 mins googling for his chocolate bars / blocks. And I can't find them on-line anywhere. I hope the series doesn't end with him going bust. Anyone else tried to find them / had any luck?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Mar 2008 - 10:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 10:33 PM

I am watching it as well.
But haven't tried google it

climbing_orchid
climbing_orchid e2 Member 9321 forum postsclimbing_orchid vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 10:36 PM

It says on the channel 4 website that he's marketing it in Selfridges - might be worth a lookie - I'm in London next weekend for the Orchid Show so may pop over and indulge although I don't think I want to pay selfridges prices!!!

Liz x

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
MeanGreeny
9 Mar 2008 - 11:04 PM

Was listening to the Food Programme on R4 a while back. Did you know that 99.9999% etc of the worlds chocolate is made by 3 companies and it's from these 3 that Cadburys, Galaxy, Thorntons etc buy their raw material from.

I forget the name of the company that has Europe sewn up, but they have a range of hundreds of 'chocolate tastes' made to a recipe but the huge majority of their sales in Europe are just 2 recipes - one milk, one dark - which the manufacturer i.e. Cadburys just adds the nuts to etc.

Bottom line is, most chocolate in Europe tastes fundamentally the same - people are just too dumb to realise they're being had when they pay premium prices for certain brands Smile

Just about the only successful, independent chocolate maker in Europe is some family outfit in Italy which has been doing what Wonky Willy is trying to do for some considerable time.

adamduckworth
9 Mar 2008 - 11:20 PM

His choccy was on sale in Selfridge's in Brum at yje weekend.

janetsara
janetsara  6
10 Mar 2008 - 12:02 AM

Hi, you can find Willy's choc here
http://www.venezuelanblack.com/
: )

rusty78
rusty78  6
10 Mar 2008 - 12:33 AM

you can buy willie's chocolate online at www.venezuelan-black.co.uk if they have any in stock as it's in popular demand, hope that helps

riprap007
riprap007  91568 forum posts England37 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 8:26 AM

Valour Chocolate is some of the best I've had, wonderful caramelly taste

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 8:29 AM

There is nothing that the website except some photos...lol

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82203 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom119 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 8:45 AM

I must be missing something - I thought willie wonkas was a fiction???

Coleslaw
10 Mar 2008 - 8:47 AM

Not now....Smile

Kris_Dutson
10 Mar 2008 - 8:50 AM

Quote: You can buy willie's chocolate online at www.venezuelan-black.co.uk

Lol - Venezuelan black; are you sure it's chocolate...?

Wink

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 10 Mar 2008 - 8:50 AM
kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:17 AM

thanks for the links - I tried both last night and the servers / websites were down. I had a horrible feeling that he'd gone out of business - now turns out that the site was down due to traffic levels and he's sold out of everything on-line. Selfridge's don't do on-line - how old fashioned! I'm tempted to buy on-line when he's selling again - I admire his drive for perfection.

I remember listening to the food program when it was on the radio. When the film chocolate came out, I tried researching cacao beans and found it impossible to buy anywhere. Seemed strange at the time that a raw ingredient for something we eat so much of wasn't available - imagine if it was the same for coffee - you could only buy instant and not the beans. Anything from Cadburys gives me an instant headache so I stick and actually prefer anything over 70%. I've always used chocolate in cooking especially chilli dishes.

BOB S
BOB S  112622 forum posts
10 Mar 2008 - 10:37 AM

Ed,

Have a look here http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

BOB

kit-monster
10 Mar 2008 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Bob . . . that'll be a quarter of rosy apples, pineapple cubes, pear drops and a packet of space dust!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.