Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

C & C

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 4:22 PM

.....doing these has bright an idea to mind for the site..

Is there any way the team can think of to embed a flash player, or some other control, that will automatically just play through a members photos at random?

Like a slide show, but rather than going chronologically, it picks from any point in time.

If you've reviewd anyone's portfolio on this thread, I'm sure you can see what a benefit that would have been Smile

just another "bells and whistles" feature for the E2 members

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jun 2009 - 4:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 4:24 PM

I must admit I would like that Ade too and on the members page and would love to see more ability to personalize your PF page...

User_Removed
18 Jun 2009 - 4:28 PM

For Tom,

1. What do you like of their PF (if you do)?

The love he has for his country comes across in his landscapes
and I envy him the opportunities that living within it offers
him. Having said that, being given an opportunity and making
the most of it are two different things. His PF shows the sort
of commitment to light that doing the landscape justice requires.

I can't comment on his portraiture because I know nought about
it other than it looks technically good and quirky enough to
stand out in the crowd.

2. What do you think is lacking in their PF?

Sponteneity and candidness. It's all very organised. IYSWIM.

3. How do you think they can improve their PF?

Getting away from Scotland or hanging 'round in an urbanscape,
although I suspect the flame of inspiration may suffer Grin

4. What do you like to see in their PF?

I'd like to see what he would do with some other locations.

5. Whose work would you recommend them to have a look at (if you know any)?

I wouldn't dare Grin

Last Modified By User_Removed at 18 Jun 2009 - 5:30 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
uggyy
18 Jun 2009 - 4:33 PM

Thanks Chris Smile

Some valid points there but I suppose its hard to crit on what you dont see Wink I do a lot of candid and urban work but seldom post it here as it goes down like a brick lol...

Quote: Getting away from Scotland or hanging 'round in an urbanscape,
although I suspect the flame of inspiration may suffer

Petrol too expensive lol Wink and I got to admit with all the studio work of late, getting out to the countryside is a way to relax as much as photos Smile

Thanks for taking the time to look at my PF and appreciate your honest comments...

Tommy

User_Removed
18 Jun 2009 - 4:40 PM

No problem. It was a very pleasant trip, I assure you. I'm a committed Albaphile and I love a lot of the stuff that goes through the galleries.

Looking forward to being up there in the camper during the summer and doing some more work. Hoping to get over to Orkney and Shetland this time.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 4:46 PM

Quote: I do a lot of candid and urban work but seldom post it here as it goes down like a brick lol...

Tell me about it! - but post it anyway

Nick Walton just got a PA with one in Ireland for starters Smile

I think you're in a huge majority in your thought processes here, posting more challenging subjects (i.e. not landscapes) will often see your votes drop by 50-90%, but one should be confident enough to post a shot one likes and stand by it, rather than just pandering to the masses.

I think it'll make for a richer gallery if we all mix what we post - and you'll also get a different audience looking at your different genres, so you get known by more people.

Also, if you're pumping out consistent results in the same genre, are you actually learning anything from the comments you get? I got to a point where the landscapes were getting 0 constructive comments, I shove up someting obscure done with a lensbaby, and usually gets at least one useful reaction.

the main thing we've seen from this thread is that people want to see more variety

so lets take a hit on the clicks and do it!

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 4:52 PM

monday nights forget the clicks night Wink

uggyy
18 Jun 2009 - 5:15 PM

Quote: Tell me about it! - but post it anyway

Aye Smile agree.. Saying that I am posting portraits again and expect a very low click ratio.. even if the models a braw lass Wink she still got too much clothing on to get a lot of clicks lol...

Agree of the variery is the spice of life and learn other aspects when you can (although studio type work is no availible to everyone)...

Whos the next to be critted and whos going to volunteer then? Wink your the chairperson on this one Ade lol, call the shot .
Tommy

LisaRose
LisaRose  7172 forum posts United States4 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 5:27 PM

This has been very enjoyable, and I am glad to have taken part in it. I received some very good ideas that I had not thought of before.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 7:47 PM

although i PMd Julian (JOOLSB) to thank him for taking a trawl through my pf, i never thanked him here. i do so now, thanks again.
its been a good thread, perhaps it be it would be nice to have more than one person chip in with and opinion on the old pf.
regards,
Phil

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 8:25 PM

I've come to this thread late, who do I critique NEWMANP ?
I wasn't sure if I was supposed to as he has already been done and people seem to be chatting now?

Let me know and I'll have a go Grin

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2009 - 8:26 PM

ChrisGilbert's, Anna.

Fishnet
18 Jun 2009 - 9:06 PM

OK, thanks, off to have a look ....

Picture_Newport

Thankyou for the second crit Tom. It is good that your comments were different to Davids, gives me more to look at and build on.

I have had a look at Adrians work (horse) and seen it previously, it is outstanding and definatley the kind of work we should all aspire to.

I belive ChrisGilbert is next.

The Questions.

Fishnet
18 Jun 2009 - 9:17 PM

Ooh I got a good one! Grin

It's a prime example of the type of landscapes I can only dream of taking, I'm not able to go out at the right times like dawn and dusk so it won't ever happen for me, plus I don't have the skill and knowledge either, so I am in awe of Chris's landscapes, they are wonderful.

Portraits, but that's only because portraits are my passion and I like looking at them.

Ppffff.....can you improve on perfection??? lol
Maybe a bit more variety to 'improve' their pf, but I don't think photography wise or skill wise he can improve much (or need to)

More green landscapes? And some portraits, I really liked the cow one too so more like that would be good.

For landscapes I don't think he needs to look at anybody elses's his style is great as it is, but I recommend everyone looks at Joshua Hoffine because I think he's a genius Grin

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.