Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Calendar Templates

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MikeH
    MikeH  9217 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 12:59 AM

Starting to do these for Christmas and wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to where to obtain templates from. Any comments appreciated.
    Mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Sep 2005 - 12:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dark_lord
    dark_lord Critique Team 101448 forum postsdark_lord vcard England123 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 1:09 AM

Digital Photo magazine have had them on their November issue CD for the last few years. That may be a bit late, if you want to gewt them done well in advance as it was for me one year (finishing off on Christmas morning one year!), so now I've made up my own.

debbiehardy
    6 Sep 2005 - 1:54 AM

I'm sure I have one of these discs. Email me and I'll post it to you (if I can dig it out!) Debbie

MikeH
    MikeH  9217 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 2:18 AM

Thanks Debbie, I have the digital photo disc from last year but fancied something a bit more adventurous,
    Cheers Mike

Hannahs_Pics
    6 Sep 2005 - 4:25 AM

Hi, I guess it depends upon what software you have to design it in? I searched the internet for quite a while for "free" templates, but didn't find what I wanted. I'm working on mine in CoralDRAW essentials this year, used one of their set templates, but have changed it loads to something that I want. Last year I did it myself from scratch in Microsoft Publisher. This way I could individualise it with the dates I wanted. Was a bit time consuming entering all the dates for each month, esp as I included little areas for the next and previous month. I also added an additional Bank Holiday in August - oops!

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225733 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 4:27 AM

Why use templates? I have always made up my calendars from scratch.

You only have to do it once and you have a template for the year.

jas

dark_lord
    dark_lord Critique Team 101448 forum postsdark_lord vcard England123 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 5:00 AM

It does depend on what software is to hand, it just means adapting and experimenting.

This is what I've done.

In PS, I set up a grid using guides, then used the pencil tool to draw lines. I then entered the dates. I created different templates each one where the week started on a different day. Saved as layers, its easy to change colour, font, month, etc. Guides were also used to define the image area so it's easy to drag in an image and re-size it exactly. Other embellishments can be done to the template as desired.

On another version, I've got dates, days and lines all lined up, and using one template just move the various layers up or down so the right day and date line up for a particular month. Any extraneous data is just deleted, as the text is all on it's own layers.

I have also used the wizard in word, converted that to a pdf and imported the pdf into PS.

It's also possible to copy text from Word into PS CS (not sure about elements, but would think it would be ok.

MS Publisher is also an option, and you can save the 'template' created as a jpeg (Publisher 2002 onwards I know, maybe earlier versions too), which you can then drag into a PS document.

Once you start doing your own stuff like that, you can be as adventurous as you like!

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225733 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Sep 2005 - 5:22 AM

I have made my templates in CorelDraw, Excel and MS Paint.

MS Paint provided the easiest option.

A first template grid was made, the month entered and the file saved named 'Jan'

The month was then deleted and 'February' put in its place. the file was then saved as 'Feb' and so on.

jas

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.