Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Calenders

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
photostoreuk
22 Sep 2009 - 5:02 PM

Just wanted to give you some feedback on some calendars i have recieved, ive had to temporarily give up in the photo world as my wife has just been diagnosed with MS, but fingers crossed il be back next year.

Back to the point. I was annoyed when file print put prices up so i looked around. I found vistaprint do desk calendars, i know they are usually cheap and poor, but im really impressed with the quality. The gloss finish is nice and took ten to my last show and sold them in a day. They are 3.99 each, but i ordered one and then all these emails keep coming through with silly offers on, the last batch i ordered yesterday was for 10 more and with the offer i got 10 for 8,99

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2009 - 5:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BernieS
BernieS  5243 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Oct 2009 - 4:17 PM

I used Vistaprint for my calendars last year - when they arrived they were so dark that I demanded (& received) my money back as they were completely unsellable.

Looking elsewhere this year I'm afraid.

dasantillo
1 Oct 2009 - 7:11 PM

Quote: Looking elsewhere this year I'm afraid.

Try Advantage. I've used them this year and the colour matching is spot on. Great customer service too.

LeighRebecca
1 Oct 2009 - 8:48 PM

I'm just in the process of ordering cards from Advantage Digital Print too, as their customer service seems fantastic, their prices are competitive and the quality of the samples they sent me was fine. I can only imagine their calendars will be the same, and they will be my first choice when I get into that market.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 10:29 PM

So am I missing something on the Advantage website. I mean I've looked at it before, but never found a real product list or indication of prices, or anything that looks remotely useful in that way.

I know I could email them, but then doesn't that leave it open to charge entirely different prices to each customer. I mean I hear good things about them, but I really want a company to be a little more open in their offering. I don't want to have to work to find out, I want to be able to have a quick browse. The fact I don't easily find what I want means I don't use.

I've tried other companies in the past where info appears hidden and so often emails are not responded to, such that now I just don't bother.

I don't see that it's that hard to have some kind of indicative price list for comparison.

Kris_Dutson
1 Oct 2009 - 10:48 PM

The prices depend on quantity, type of paper you specify and other variables. Give them a ring, ask for Steve McFarlane and say Kris from Southern Scenic Photography sent you and I'm sure he'll email you a favourable price list. Wink

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 1 Oct 2009 - 10:49 PM
dasantillo
2 Oct 2009 - 5:50 AM

Or just email Adrian and he'll send you a price list if you don't fancy phoning them - he's the main sales guy - the site has his email address.

csurry
2 Oct 2009 - 6:31 AM

Thanks guys, but even with variations for paper and quantity it is possible to have an indicative price list.

dasantillo
2 Oct 2009 - 6:34 AM

If it helps, I pay 2.88 per A4 spiral bound calendar, 14 pages when I order over 100. That's using their standard card for calendars. That includes VAT and delivery is free.

Just read your earlier post again - they respond to all emails in very good time.

csurry
2 Oct 2009 - 7:13 PM

OK I'll give them a go, it's company Christmas cards that I am after initially. Got them done by Fileprint last year, but was looking for alternatives.

dasantillo
2 Oct 2009 - 7:22 PM

Quote: OK I'll give them a go, it's company Christmas cards that I am after initially. Got them done by Fileprint last year, but was looking for alternatives.

Ah, their cards are expensive - I'm using FilePrint for cards Smile

csurry
2 Oct 2009 - 7:23 PM

Thanks Dan.

I seem to have a large demand for Xmas cards with a certain squirrel on, can't imagine why Wink

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2009 - 9:10 PM

I was thinking of using Fileprint for calendars, are they okay?

dasantillo
2 Oct 2009 - 9:15 PM

Quote: I was thinking of using Fileprint for calendars, are they okay?

I got my calendars from FilePrint last year, but their prices went up quite a bit this year and even with the affiliate scheme they are more expensive than Advantage when ordering more than 50 (I think) - less than 50 and FilePrint are cheaper.

I have no wish to say one's better than the other - this year I'm using both for different things. Both respond very well to queries and offer great prices. My advice would be to prepare your calendar and get one printed by each company to compare - I found that, for me, Advantage Print matched colours better and the text was sharper but that was only noticeable because I had the two side by side - the FilePrint ones sold perfectly well last year.

Good luck choosing Smile

digicammad
digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2009 - 9:18 PM

Thanks

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.