Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Calibration

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    minniema
    minniema  548 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Apr 2009 - 4:07 PM

Hi all,

Hopefully this is right section for this. Can anyone recommend any good calibration software for both vista laptop screen and printers? Am fed up with what I see on screen not matching what prints out. Is Spyder 2 Suite any good, saw that Kerso on ebay had one for 59 so wondering if thats a good price. Am a poor student too so price is an issue, no more than 75 really as I am saving for lights!

Any help greatfully appreciated

Em

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Apr 2009 - 4:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Apr 2009 - 4:24 PM

For calibration software (i.e without a hardware calibrator)

You could try Quick gamma

For hardware check out the various hardware solutions there are a number of reviews on this page

For what's it's worth i have a Spyder 2 and it works fine. I run Windows XP - I seem to recall that some Vista users do report some colour profiling problems with some calibrators as Vista handles colour management differently.

Last Modified By Henchard at 7 Apr 2009 - 4:25 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Overread
    Overread  53745 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Apr 2009 - 7:39 PM

Re vista - I belive most of the companies (such as spyder) have now issued patches to existing programs and upgraded new releases to be vista compatable - I currently use a Spyder 3 and it works well on my vista computer.

I would heartily recomend the hardware options over the software/online ones. The thing is your eyes and brain adapt to the view from the computer screen and can even filter out colour casts and more and brightness is very subjective. That means any calibration. by this method, is likley to still give you a long period of trial and error since your eyes are not impartial.
    Hardware options are far better as the machine is not subjective and thus you have a lesser period of trial and error with printing.
    I would point out that it can take a little while to get used to the new colour presented by the calibration machine - it can look very strange until your eyes get used to it

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    minniema
    minniema  548 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Apr 2009 - 7:53 PM

Thanks guys for the help

ANW
    ANW  629 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Apr 2009 - 11:10 PM

Henchard wrote

Quote: For calibration software (i.e without a hardware calibrator)

You could try Quick gamma

Is it Vista compatible?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.