Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Calumet

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CHRISB911
    CHRISB911  854 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:21 PM

anyone on here had any dealings with this company just checking before buying

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:28 PM

No dealings other than wandering into their shop but they are well known suppliers in the photographic world.

pcheywood
    pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:28 PM

Calumet are long established, in any dealings I have had with them they have been excellent.

skydivemike
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:37 PM

I use the Belfast store all the time. Not the cheapest but their customer care is excellent.

Mike

User_Removed
    15 Jul 2009 - 6:44 PM

Top dealers.
    You won't have a problem with them.
    Very professional set up.

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
    15 Jul 2009 - 7:29 PM

over 25 years in all... since the days they were Keith Johnson, Pelling & Cross Smile
    Never had any problem with them

stevemelvin
    stevemelvin e2 Member 8675 forum postsstevemelvin vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2009 - 7:43 PM

They are generally very good. Nothing to worry about.

The only problem I've ever had is that they have sent me the wrong item via mail order a couple of times. But each time they've sent me the correct item as soon as I phoned to let them know and (this is the best bit) told me to keep the incorrect items as compensation for my trouble! Can't say fairer than that, especially as they weren't trivial items (a Lastolite triflector and a lightcube/tent thingy).

Steve Smile

loweskid
    loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2009 - 8:59 PM

Yes, I agree with all of the above. They are pro dealers so their prices reflect this.

The only problem I ever had with them was when I bought a miniature focussing spotlight. There was no mention in their catalogue, or on the box, that it was 110v. Fortunately I checked the bulb (in order to get a spare) before I plugged it in, otherwise I could have got a much brighter light than I anticipated, albeit not for very long I expect..!. The fitting was rated at 110v maximum so I couldn't change the bulb and had to buy a 240-110v transformer. I emailed them about it but never got a reply, though the spotlight wasn't in the next catalogue.

You probably didn't need to know all that... Smile

fotobugg
    fotobugg  6 United States
    19 Jul 2009 - 10:36 PM

Sure, I shop at the Los Angeles store quite often. Very professional with lotsa know how, I would highly recommend them.

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123967 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jul 2009 - 7:51 AM

same here; Calumet is a very professional company to deal with in my experience; right at the other end of the scale of professionalism compared to one or two others currently being debated about on the forums.

park my ferret
    20 Jul 2009 - 1:49 PM

I always try and use them nowadays - I use the birmingham branch - the customer service you get far outweighs any slightly higher price that you may pay.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.